Wanting 2 look older

CurlycrazieCurlycrazie Posts: 10Registered Users
Hi im 17 petite and look alot younger maybe 13. I no ill love it when im older but at present I dnt want 2 look like a little gurl.

Comments

• battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    It would help a lot if you could post a picture. If you don't have Flickr or Photobucket you could link to your myspace.
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    Hey Curlycrazie!

Girl, I sympathize with ya! I'm 23 and still look like I'm 16. Try wearing a bit of a smokey eye makeup. I always think I and others look older with a darker shade on their eyes (tastefully done that is). Don't go out and smudge black all over your lids, cause that will make you look like a kid who got into their mothers makeup drawer! If you go heavy with the eyes, go light on the cheek and lip shades. Get a sheer product to put on your cheekbones and temples that gives your face a glow. Loreal makes one (I forgot what the specific name is) with a hint of pink. and definitely keep your lips clear and glossy.

I always find that when I don't play up my eyes I look and feel a lot younger. Let me know how it goes.
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think lauren gave really good advice.

I think it's also important to stay away from any overtly trendy makeup trends such as glittery shades (ugh). Shimmer is fine, but glitter - no. I would also make sure to apply the same philosophy to lip colors - nothing frosted! Keep it soft and pretty. Check out this look from Bobbi Brown:

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/looks/thelook_springpinksugar.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY9901

While the exact colors may not be right for you, the basic premise is there.

Sort of off topic, but how do you wear your hair?
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • CurlycrazieCurlycrazie Posts: 10Registered Users
    thanx guys u all gave gr8 advice. I tend to look older with my straightened. I got it layer so that helps. But i usually wear my hair down or n a ponytail or even a messy bun. just recently ppl hu havnt seen me n 2 years say i look a whole lot older so thats a confidence boost! :) But for people hu dont no me think i look younger
  • outtahereouttahere Posts: 343Registered Users
    I have heard red or dark lipstick makes women look older. I think it works too. It makes your lips appear thinner, which I suppose is what "ages" you since people lose collagen as they age.
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    That's funny. I find that red/dark lipstick has the opposite effect on me. I guess every face is different. But when I wear red lipstick I look much younger.
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file