Member of Curves?

rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
I was thinking about joining a gym but hate the feeling of working out in a meat market. Has anyone joined Curves before? Did you like it, what was your experience? Thanks and I hope every one has a Happy New Year!

Comments

• cperl3cperl3 Posts: 89Registered Users
    I haven't been in a while but I do love my curves. The curves fit is challenging.
    Orlando FL

trying various aubrey products currently.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really really liked Curves when I was in college. The atmosphere was awesome, I saw good results fairly quickly (RARE for me) and I actually had a lot of fun doing it. It was really the first time I didnt dread going to work out.

So when I graduated, and moved back home I went ahead and joined the gym here. TOTALLY different experience. There wasn't hardly ever anyone in there, and when there was they were very distant and unfriendly. I only lasted a few weeks before giving it up.

All in all, I think it can be a really positive experience with the right community. Maybe check it out, see the crowd that works out at any given time and see if it's for you :)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    Have you seen results with curves? How long did it take you/how often did you go in a week? Any advice is helpful. Thanks :)
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I was doing it, I actually saw results in the first month. Which is basically unheard of for my body, lol.

Doing the circuit workout, I REALLY didn't think it was being very effective. I just didn't feel like I was working hard enough to be losing anything. And then I went in on my first weigh-in, and lost 8 pounds, 6 inches off my thighs (6!!!!), 2 off my waist, one off my upper arms, etc.

I only did it for a total of 3 months (my last semester of college) before I quit just because I hated the atmosphere of the one back home. I was going 3-4 times a week, for about 45 minutes each (usually 3 circuits, more if i felt like it)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    Thanks MimsTX. I went and looked at the curves here where I live last night. I was able to try the machines and hear about different prices available. When I was learning and trying the machines...I could really feel them working. I'm surprised that a 30 minute workout could really work. I think I'm going to go for it! It couldn't hurt to at least try it out for awhile :) They are moving into a new building this Friday with tanning beds, body wraps and a room with treadmills/elipticals. I'm excited now. Congratulations on the results you made! I hope I can do as well.
  • JournalistJournalist Posts: 366Registered Users
    My mom has lost over 100 pounds just by going to Curves 3x week and eating less. You should DEFINITELY try it out. She loves it. :)
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i was interested in curves from a business ownership perspective before. they seem solid. it seems to work, especially for women that don't want to go to the gym. it's quick and predictable (which some people like).

on the flip side, i teach at 24 hour fitness. i think the costs might be similar, you have a range of classes you can attend. they have circuit machines. there's tons of equipment so you can always change it up (what you need so your body doesn't get used to your workout)....

remember food intake is important regardless what you decide to do.

try to get a free week or two at a curves and a traditional gym and see which you prefer. also do a google search to see what people (that aren't on here) are saying about curves..good luck!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • kellygreen49kellygreen49 Posts: 625Registered Users
    My sister (24 years old) and I (16) tried out Curves for awhile. if you go you get a free 7 day trial, just fill out a form. No cards or anything. We liked it, but we felt like 30 seconds per station was too fast. Time we got to the next one then got positioned, time was almost up. I know that sounds like an exaggeration, but eh.
    I'd try another fitness place.
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpgcurls1-1.jpg

Leave a Comment