The Firm ... anyone tried it?

leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
I got a "The Firm" workout DVD this weekend. It's sculptilates, which is like sculpting pilates. It was either that or yoga, but I always liked their commercials, so I thought I'd try it.

Anyone done this or any of "The Firm" videos? Do you like?

Hope to try it either tonight or tomorrow .... wish me luck! :P
Type: 3b with a little 3a f/m mix, ii

A "Mrs." as of June 26, 2010 :love3:

Comments

• pandoraspoxxpandoraspoxx Posts: 248Registered Users
    I have one of the dvd's called -3 in 1 workout--three workouts on dvd. I got it at Marshall's also got the platform that's needed with the dvd- I wanted to get the Transfirmer workout by the Firm as well...I didn't have enough money.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the transformer set. I hated it. It did nothing for me but give me huge legs. I just got rid of the box a while back, it's really huge. I've had better luck with other work-out sets.
  • buffiebuffie Posts: 184Registered Users
    I have the first 3 sets of the Firm and love them. I have had them for years and have since graduated to P-90X. I've never done the Firm's pilates but their cardio and weights are great.
    "How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?" - from a t-shirt my brother gave me years ago. I loved it!

Have discovered I cannot live without KCCC and plopping. Always knew that I was dependant on my diffuser.
  • leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
    Well I did my DVD on Wednesday.... and I LOVED IT!!! :happy6:

It was fun, I still feel it in my muscles, and it definitely didn't seem like 50 mins of exercise!

The only thing I didn't like was that there was no instruction beforehand, it just jumped straight in, so I had to stop and watch a lot because I didn't know the names of the steps.
    That will come with time.

Now... if I could only get myself to do a little cardio..... :wink:

• LiveGoldinLiveGoldin Posts: 92Registered Users
    leelee28 wrote: »

It was fun, I still feel it in my muscles, and it definitely didn't seem like 50 mins of exercise!

The only thing I didn't like was that there was no instruction beforehand, it just jumped straight in, so I had to stop and watch a lot because I didn't know the names of the steps.

Good for you!!! Take it a little at a time you'll get there! ((hugs))
    My hair and I are STILL estranged.. I think we need counseling...
    That's not my hair in my avi.. umm.. this time.. it's a weave..
  • leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
    Thanks!!!! :laughing9:
    I appreciate your encouragement!

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Turbo Jam! :D
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I got a "The Firm" workout DVD this weekend. It's sculptilates, which is like sculpting pilates. It was either that or yoga, but I always liked their commercials, so I thought I'd try it.

I am a FIRM believer...been doing them since 1986 with Volume 1. All my FIRMs are from the 1980's & 90's. I have eleven total body and four firmparts workouts. They never get boring...I just rotate and add heavier weights as I get stronger. I have stayed fit and trim with these workouts...started as a young mom now I'm a grandmother of two and people don't believe I'm a grandma.
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I am a FIRM believer...been doing them since 1986 with Volume 1. All my FIRMs are from the 1980's & 90's. I have eleven total body and four firmparts workouts. They never get boring...I just rotate and add heavier weights as I get stronger. I have stayed fit and trim with these workouts...started as a young mom now I'm a grandmother of two and people don't believe I'm a grandma.

You just convinced me to haul my butt to Marshalls where they have a TON of these DVD's. I have been looking for something to use besides my Denise Austin videos which are nice, but she's annoying.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • FTFEFTFE Posts: 163Registered Users

I have quite a few Firm workouts but haven't used them in a long time. I'm not familiar with "The Firm" DVD specifically. I am assuming it is part of the Firm series of DVD (who have been making workout videos since the 80s back in the days of VHS).

Anyway if you do get any of the Firm's more traditional workouts they can ease you into cardio. They typically do short bouts of cardio intermixed with light weight work.

Personally I prefer more intense cardio (and more of it) when I do circuit WOs then what the Firm provides. But you really need to find what works for you. Many people love and swear by the Firm workouts. Which is obvious since they have been around since the 80s.
    CG (modified) since 6/18/2009
    ii, 2c/3a?, med/course, porous (I think), normal elasticity
    co-wash: Suave green apple, Deva no-poo, Giovanni TTTT, occasional Deva low-poo
    condish: playing with NatPathAV, AOHR,
    leave-in: KCNT
    styling: HE set me up, curl keeper, KCCC, and BRHG
  • imgonnastartawarimgonnastartawar Posts: 237Registered Users
    any sucsess storys from the firm?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file