Donna Marie Sugar Honey Oasis

kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
More bad news ladies. I don't poo very often. I use my soap bars every three days. It's been about three months since I needed to lowpoo castor oil out of my hair. Well, I tried some new products and my hair was not happy. Two tries with the soap bars didn't do it. I used the sample of the Donna Marie Sugar Honey Oasis I got with one of my orders. It's wonderful. Not quite enough to make me give up my soap bars, LOL! But it's going to be the lowpoo I keep around--for those times. My hair felt clean, but not stripped. I did KBB hair milk rinse out, DM Cocoa Hemp Buttercream as leave in, DM CCB and topped it off with AOMM. Scrunched with Ohm Hair Custard. My soft, bouncy curls are back!

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Coco Betaine, Linum usitatissimum (Flax Seed) gel, Irish Moss, Coltsfoot root extract, Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) Root Powder, Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Powder, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, guar gum, honey, sorbitol, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B-5), Urtica dioica (nettle) extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf extract, Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Flower extract, fragrance, potassium sorbate, citric acid, and silver citrate.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    I tried this a while back, and my hair felt like it had more gunk in it after the wash?! It definitely didn't feel clean, and I couldn't take the dirty rug smell either.
    I have to add here that I usually low poo daily, or every other day if I'm lucky, so my comparison would definitely feel different than someone who is used to soap bars (my hair felt waxy with soap bars and I got build-up). My hair seems to get weighed down very easily, and buildup happens even with CG products, so the poo is a must for me.
    So, if your hair loves co-washing and soap bars, and build up isn't a problem for you then this product might be a possiblity for you (if you don't mind the smell).
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AprilnUtah wrote: »
    I tried this a while back, and my hair felt like it had more gunk in it after the wash?! It definitely didn't feel clean, and I couldn't take the dirty rug smell either.
    I have to add here that I usually low poo daily, or every other day if I'm lucky, so my comparison would definitely feel different than someone who is used to soap bars (my hair felt waxy with soap bars and I got build-up). My hair seems to get weighed down very easily, and buildup happens even with CG products, so the poo is a must for me.
    So, if your hair loves co-washing and soap bars, and build up isn't a problem for you then this product might be a possiblity for you (if you don't mind the smell).

I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, LOL! I'm more then fragrance sensitive--I'm terribly allergic to a lot of chemicals and can't have them on or near my skin. Haven't been able to use many of the popular products because they make my scalp burn (CK, Shea M and Bioterra to name a few.) Just went up to check the smell, since you found it so revolting. It was as I remembered, a mild honey smell with a touch of almond?? I have been doing much better with the more natural products. My hair might not like an ingredient, but I haven't had allergy issues.

If you have to low poo every day, I imagine this wouldn't be a good choice for you. It's much too gentle. I would think it's more for people who are "afraid" that a shampoo will be harsh and dry out their hair. My hair is sensitive to certain ingredients and finds a lot of low poos to harsh and drying.

While it removed whatever product was making my hair "hard" and frizzy, it left it really soft and product free. My hair loves the soaps (as long as they aren't CV) every three days. I don't have a problem with build up and never cowash.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks kathyM, I was wondering about that Shampoo with my beloved HONEY ingredient. Then, I remembered someone saying that it STUNK terrible and it made me not want to try it despite the obvious ingredient ;)

I think this will be added to my cart with my next HJ order!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Thanks kathyM, I was wondering about that Shampoo with my beloved HONEY ingredient. Then, I remembered someone saying that it STUNK terrible and it made me not want to try it despite the obvious ingredient ;)

I think this will be added to my cart with my next HJ order!

Del, I thought of you this morning when I used it--knowing how much you like honey.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »

I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, LOL! I'm more then fragrance sensitive--I'm terribly allergic to a lot of chemicals and can't have them on or near my skin. Haven't been able to use many of the popular products because they make my scalp burn (CK, Shea M and Bioterra to name a few.) Just went up to check the smell, since you found it so revolting. It was as I remembered, a mild honey smell with a touch of almond?? I have been doing much better with the more natural products. My hair might not like an ingredient, but I haven't had allergy issues.
    Maybe I had an old batch or something, because mine smelled gross. I remember reading a few other posts about the smell too though. :dontknow: I'm very fragrance sensitive also, so what smells strong to me might not be a problem for most people. I had an allergic reaction to CK too, but definitely didn't have a reaction to this shampoo - so that's good news for all the sensitive people out there.
    Have you tried either of KBB's shampoos?
    April

Since I don't regularly poo--once every three months or so, I haven't thought to buy one of the KBB shampoos. I still have a few ounces of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]Deva low poo[/buylink] from when I first started.

Because I sample the super silky, nectar, milk and butter--I spend a lot of money there. They only send samples of the lotions and just enough for you to "test" the scents. Donna Marie is smart, they send samples of various products, so you might buy them in the future. I liked the Sugar Honey Oasis, I will definitely buy this as the poo I keep around--just in case. After this, I wouldn't use the Deva--it's way too harsh for me.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users

Maybe I had an old batch or something, because mine smelled gross. I remember reading a few other posts about the smell too though. :dontknow: I'm very fragrance sensitive also, so what smells strong to me might not be a problem for most people. I had an allergic reaction to CK too, but definitely didn't have a reaction to this shampoo - so that's good news for all the sensitive people out there.

I use (sorry to butt in) the KBB conditioning shampoo and I love it. My hair & scalp feel clean without feeling squeaky & stripped.
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
    I use (sorry to butt in) the KBB conditioning shampoo and I love it. My hair & scalp feel clean without feeling squeaky & stripped.

Thanks SC!
    April

Thanks SC!
    April, I wonder if you shouldn't contact DM and explain that your bottle smells funky. I can't imagine that it should smell like a stinky rug when Km's sample smells like Almond. Something doesn't seem right....:confused1:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    April, I wonder if you shouldn't contact DM and explain that your bottle smells funky. I can't imagine that it should smell like a stinky rug when Km's sample smells like Almond. Something doesn't seem right....:confused1:

I put it on the swap board a while back, so it's not a problem. It was definitely funky to my nose, if it smelled like honey and almond to me I would have loved it. Either it's the same formula as always and just isn't offensive to everyone, or it's a better smelling formula now. It's worth a try for you though, everyone likes different things.
    April

I put it on the swap board a while back, so it's not a problem. It was definitely funky to my nose, if it smelled like honey and almond to me I would have loved it. Either it's the same formula as always and just isn't offensive to everyone, or it's a better smelling formula now. It's worth a try for you though, everyone likes different things.
    Well after having such great luck with L&T and HJ especially I do want to try it! I plan on doing so :)
    Discovered CG 2007

Well after having such great luck with L&T and HJ especially I do want to try it! I plan on doing so :)

I'm going to have to try the HJ! And thanks to you, I tried the L&T on dry hair and loooove it!
    April

• discobugdiscobug Posts: 404Registered Users
    It was runny and I had trouble getting a good lather going, maybe I got a bad batch? I got the sample with my order.
    KM: the CCB--my hair doesn't like the protein in it, I get the hard curls with it so I think that is the one DM product that I don't like.
    Tomorrow I'm trying the lock and twist under the aloe honey jelly.
    Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
    John 3:16
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
    Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
    Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
    No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
    LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
    http://public.fotki.com/discobug71/
    password: curly
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I second Scarriecarrie's opinion on the KBB conditioning shampoo. It is really gentle. I tried the herbal shampoo and didn't like it as much as the conditioning one for regular use. My hair did feel 'cleaner' with the herbal one, but also a bit dryer.

I had ordered the conditioning shampoo combo with the deep conditioner. Oddly enough, I find the curl milk more moisturizing than the deep conditioner. Just to clarify .... it is the KBB deep conditioner, not the Karen's Essentials DT that I was referring to.

For a DT, the Karen's Essentials is amazing.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • werenumber2werenumber2 Posts: 260Registered Users
    discobug wrote: »
    KM: the CCB--my hair doesn't like the protein in it, I get the hard curls with it so I think that is the one DM product that I don't like.
    Tomorrow I'm trying the lock and twist under the aloe honey jelly.

I reckon you'll like the L&T. I had the same problem with the CCB so I put it up on the sell/swap board. The protein made my hair look and feel terrible. However the L&T has been working out for me really well!
    comic-p.jpg

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
    Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
    Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
    Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
    Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
    Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the review KM, I have 2 samples of the sugar Honey oasis right in front of me.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Thanks for the review KM, I have 2 samples of the sugar Honey oasis right in front of me.
    SBB and KathyM did you feel that the Shampoo had a grainy texture to it and that it didn't lather well?? SBB did you give this a whirl yet??
    Discovered CG 2007

SBB and KathyM did you feel that the Shampoo had a grainy texture to it and that it didn't lather well?? SBB did you give this a whirl yet??

Mine wasn't grainy--but I can imagine that happening to honey. If that happens to mine, I just heat it or put it in very warm water. My lathered more then my soap bars--which isn't saying much. Since I only buy ones without castor oil, they don't lather much at all.

I used it again before a protein treatment--which I don't usually do. My hair just "soaked" up the Nexxus Emergencee. I was pleased. Will continue to do that.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • discobugdiscobug Posts: 404Registered Users
    Mine was grainy and smelled gross and was runny, thanks, but I'll pass on this one. (the DM sugar poo)
    Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
    John 3:16
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
    Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
    Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
    No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
    LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
    http://public.fotki.com/discobug71/
    password: curly
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users

You sold it to me, and I liked the smell!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I did. I wasn't impressed, it doesn't have enough suds, slip whatever. I didn't notice graininess
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file