Conditioner:Yes To Tomatoes & She Scent It Avocado Conditioner
Leave-in:QB Burdock Cream
Styling:QB Amla & Heavy Cream
Hair Mask:Bentonite Clay
:afro: *NO MORE HEAT STYLING MY HAIR, JUST LOVING MY HAIR*
My Blog: http://rizosbonitos.blogspot.com/

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you thought of Karen's Body Beautiful? Their products are the most moisturizing I've found. MHC was fine, but it wasn't KBB.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkibiesSkibies Posts: 156Registered Users
    I have not been on the forum in over a year and there are all these new products that I have never heard of before. I will look it up, thanks I appreciate all suggestions. MHC was a familiar brand to me. Any :help: is welcomed!
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
    Poo:Marshmallow Shampoo Bar
    Here's the main thread--hope you have time, LOL!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=43775

There are very few people who don't have good things to say about her products. I couldn't find a conditioner that was moisturizing enough--and I could use everyday. AOHR/IN are great, but I can only use them once or twice a week in winter and not at all in summer. I've used the KBB hair milk almost everyday since mid August.
    And I'm a "product rotater."
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I tried a whole bunch of MHC products and they didn't do a thing for my hair. Some of the fragrances are a bit odd as well, in my opinion.

I agree with kathymack that you should look into KBB products as they are better formulated. I can't use alot of KBB products this winter because of the glycerin, but I love the Super Silky! I have been using that as a leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] or AOMM with great results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks! The only concern I have is product build up and the wax. I am trying to get as natural as possible with my products and that is why the MHC caught my eye. The KBB looks pretty good. How is long have you been using KBB? Does it work as good now as it did in the beginning?
    :blob:
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
    My hair really likes the more natural products, too. The KBB milk is still as good as the day I started with it back in August. I don't really feel that I get any buildup from the KBB products. I use the milk every day and used the hair nectar or Giovanni Direct as my leave in (alternating) up until the weather got cold and dry--I felt I needed "heavier" products. I was nopoo for six months, added natural soap bars every three days 9/1. The only time I do a lowpoo is when my hair has a problem with a styling ingredient. I just did my first in three months. HTH.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    My hair really likes the more natural products, too. The KBB milk is still as good as the day I started with it back in August. I don't really feel that I get any buildup from the KBB products. I use the milk every day and used the hair nectar or Giovanni Direct as my leave in (alternating) up until the weather got cold and dry--I felt I needed "heavier" products. I was nopoo for six months, added natural soap bars every three days 9/1. The only time I do a lowpoo is when my hair has a problem with a styling ingredient. I just did my first in three months. HTH.

:geek:How do you like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]! I am waiting for my sister to get her's.
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mosxy5mosxy5 Posts: 63Registered Users
    I have to agree with the KBB...I ordered the Heavenly Hair sample 2-3 weeks ago to be on the safe side...on Christmas Eve I ordered 3 more bottles of the hair milk even though I am not out of the sample yet.

A little goes a long way and I got 4 day hair using the hair milk as a leave-in and fantasia IC gel.
    I am in love! :love5: lol

I am a serious PJ and I feel comfortable entering rehab now. I almost have to order stuff on-line (Columbus area stores carry a small # of quality natural products) and KBB's customer service is the best.
    Relaxer free since 12/2001... :afro:

Mostly 3c with 4a in the back.
    mosxy5 wrote: »
    I have to agree with the KBB...I ordered the Heavenly Hair sample 2-3 weeks ago to be on the safe side...on Christmas Eve I ordered 3 more bottles of the hair milk even though I am not out of the sample yet.

A little goes a long way and I got 4 day hair using the hair milk as a leave-in and fantasia IC gel.

I am a serious PJ and I feel comfortable entering rehab now. I almost have to order stuff on-line (Columbus area stores carry a small # of quality natural products) and KBB's customer service is the best.

The only thing you liked from the sample was the hair milk?
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
  • mosxy5mosxy5 Posts: 63Registered Users
    Skibies wrote: »
    mosxy5 wrote: »

The only thing you liked from the sample was the hair milk?

I like the hair cream too...to scrunch out any crunch. I put the oil in a spray bottle and sprayed it over my hair to take out the smell from cigarette smoke (that is why I hate going out!). I used the hair butter to do a twist out (w/hair milk as a leave-in) an the twists had good hold but I do not like my hair in a twist out yet. It needs to be a little longer and thicker 1st.
    Relaxer free since 12/2001... :afro:

Mostly 3c with 4a in the back.
    Thanks for the info!
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews
  • corkscrewcurls88corkscrewcurls88 Posts: 32Registered Users
    Where can I purchase the Karen's body beautiful?
    Natural since 2001
    curl type: fine 3c with some 4a
    length: between bsl-mbl (goal wl by 1/2012)
    low-poo: giovanni 50:50 hydrating-clarifying
    condish: giovanni smooth as silk
    oil: unrefined organic coconut oil
    stylers: curl junkie aloe fix gel :angel10:, eco-styler protein gel
    *spritz with filtered water and aloe vera juice to revive curls

My website: www.corkscrewcurls.com:love5:
    3&4 Curls and Corkscrews