Saying HI to my fellow curlies!!

doonedoone Posts: 14Registered Users
I'm a 3A curly that didn't learn to love my curls until my late teen years. I made the unfortunate mistake of wearing my hair short when I was younger and had ugly, weird waves. I actually used to get perms (in the back only...late 80s style :oops:), believe it or not, because I didn't know how curly I was naturally. Then I discovered the right products, grew my hair longer and unleashed my curls!!

Lately I have been struggling with the winter weather. I think my current cut/shape is just not right Also, I lose a ton of hair due to being hypothyroid, so I have a lot of new growth that makes me look a little bushy/frizzy. I may need to let it grow a bit and find a new stylist. My curls are great underneath, but the top/front is just bad...flat and wavy.

I am so happy to have found this website. I just started ready Curly Girl and am considering going shampoo free. I am also experimenting with changing my product routine for winter. I have used Aveda Flax Seed Aloe Gel for years and have started using a leave-in underneath. My daughter is a 3C so I am picking up some tips for her and have found that [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]Mixed Chicks leave in[/buylink] is great for her.
3a, below shoulder length, CG since January 2009

Co-wash -- Suave Naturals Coconut, Hair One Cleansing Cream Olive Oil
Rinse-out -- Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni 50:50
Leave-in -- Lustrasilk Shea Butter, Giovanni 50:50
Stylers -- HESMU
Other likes -- MF towel, occasional diffusing, JC Awe Inspiring Spray
Currently trying KCKT/KCCC & loving them!

Comments

• marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    happy you're here

poke around and have fun

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file