HESMU, HETT and HEBE... which do you like?

ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
I have used HETT Mousse and HESMU Gel together with pretty good results. But maybe the other mousses and or gels are better. Which is your favorite?

Also, I never ever see HEBE gel in stores! :scratch:
3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued

Comments

• curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love the HEBE gel. I get mine at Harris Teeter, a local grocery store.
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I tried them all - my faves are the SMU gel, then mousse.

The BE gel and mousse left me to full and loose, the TT mousse didnt have enough hold for me (I didnt bother w the TT gel; heard its hold is weak).

The SMU gel is my winter HG:love8:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    I haven't seen HEBE gel at all, I have seen the sprays and mousses though. :scratch:

rudee- do you layer your mousse and gel?

Shampoo - GTTTT
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose

• deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
    I've tried HETT mousse (hated it, not much hold strange curl pattern) ,HESMU gel (hated it, had so much frizz it was ridiculous), and now I'm trying HEBE mousse. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

I've only used it once so we'll see.

• lebanesecurlylebanesecurly Posts: 161Registered Users
    My computer failed at this reply. Sorry
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii
    growing my hair out to BSL
    & mod-CG as of 9/1/08 :blob5:
    Low-poo: VitaminShampoo pomegranate+blackberry
    'Poo to clarify: BTZ Noodlehead
    Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Stylers: LOOB! GVP Detangler, HESMU
    Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
    Pineapples, clips, diffusers, and paper towels are my hair's best friends.
    .I'm a PJ.

• lebanesecurlylebanesecurly Posts: 161Registered Users
    I typed this huge long thing and then it got deleted! Sad.

Okay let's try this again. I've tried all the HE gels. First was HEBE. I liked it a lot, and it smelled amazing. It worked great in wet hair and damp/dry hair, so I could smooth down frizz with it or just use it as a pick-me-up for my curls if I needed it. It had great spreadability. The only place I can find this one is at Target, so definitely check there if you haven't already.

HESMU is okay. The hold is awesome, I can put some in wet hair and my hair won't move an inch until it's dry. However, if I try to use it to touch up or perk up damp/dry hair, it just created major frizz because it is very thick and isn't easily spread. It smells good, like old-school Herbal Essences, but there's a pretty strong chemical smell to it that I just can't stand sometimes.

HETT.....is less than impressive. It has practically no hold, and the smell annoys me for some reason. It's really liquidy, so it does work well in damp/dry hair, but once again the hold is so nil that it'll just poof back out anyways. The only time I can use it is when I mix it with HESMU, but that just made my hair look dull and dirty, so I stopped. I would not recommend.

So uhm...I'd say go for the HEBE! It's kind of a happy medium between HESMU and HETT. CHECK TARGET! They're magical sometimes.
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii
    growing my hair out to BSL
    & mod-CG as of 9/1/08 :blob5:
    Low-poo: VitaminShampoo pomegranate+blackberry
    'Poo to clarify: BTZ Noodlehead
    Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Stylers: LOOB! GVP Detangler, HESMU
    Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
    Pineapples, clips, diffusers, and paper towels are my hair's best friends.
    .I'm a PJ.

Residual wrote: »
    I haven't seen HEBE gel at all, I have seen the sprays and mousses though. :scratch:

rudee- do you layer your mousse and gel?
    Sorry I was unclear. I meant I like the Gel best, followed by the mousse as a close second. But the SMU gel is HG for me. Its simply perfect for me this winter. When I use the mousse I do finish with a light scrunch of the gel on my ends... but when I use the gel I use JUST the gel - no leave in, no curl creme, nada!
    My Photobucket Album
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    The only ones I've tried are the TT mousse and gel. The mousse had always worked for me but the gel was, as others have said, too watery and didn't really do much. Recently though, I tried the gel over the mousse (on wet hair) and they worked great! My curls were shiny and bouncy, with good hold. I was actually surprised!
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I've used HESMU mousse and HEBE gel. HEBE gel is actually my everyday gel this time of year - I love it! I should've known I wouldn't like the HESMU. I've never been a fan of mousse in general.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used all three:

HETT gel didn't have enough hold for me, the mousse left my curls kind of stringy and frizzy and like Lebanesecurly for some reason I'm not a fan of the smell either.

HESMU: the gel gives me a nice strong hold and tighter curls compared to HEBE, I like the mousse too, it seems to provide a softer hold than the HEBE mousse but my curls are still nice and shiny.
    I used to love the gel but for some reason, it's been drying my hair whenever I use it lately. ?

HEBE: this gel also give me a strong hold but my hair feels softer once I scrunch it out, curls are not as tight with this gel and I find it gives more clumping, the mousse is nice too and seems to give me a stronger hold than the HESMU mousse. I like this smell the best.

Hope all that makes sense.

All that being said, I'm currently using either the HEBE or HESMU mousse with a small dollop of the HEBE gel layered over the top.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    I've used HESMU mousse and HEBE gel. HEBE gel is actually my everyday gel this time of year - I love it! I should've known I wouldn't like the HESMU. I've never been a fan of mousse in general.
    W - try the SMU gel -its amazing... I like it even better then the BE gel.... altho I am not looking for increased volume.
    My Photobucket Album
    Magoo wrote: »
    I've used all three:

HETT gel didn't have enough hold for me, the mousse left my curls kind of stringy and frizzy and like Lebanesecurly for some reason I'm not a fan of the smell either.

HESMU: the gel gives me a nice strong hold and tighter curls compared to HEBE, I like the mousse too, it seems to provide a softer hold than the HEBE mousse but my curls are still nice and shiny.
    I used to love the gel but for some reason, it's been drying my hair whenever I use it lately. ?

HEBE: this gel also give me a strong hold but my hair feels softer once I scrunch it out, curls are not as tight with this gel and I find it gives more clumping, the mousse is nice too and seems to give me a stronger hold than the HESMU mousse. I like this smell the best.

Hope all that makes sense.

All that being said, I'm currently using either the HEBE or HESMU mousse with a small dollop of the HEBE gel layered over the top.
    ooh, agreed on all counts!
    My Photobucket Album
    I really wish I could find the HEBE gel, I may have to go to Target just for that. :tongue:

Shampoo - GTTTT

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    W - try the SMU gel -its amazing... I like it even better then the BE gel.... altho I am not looking for increased volume.

You .. you .. you enabler!!! :laughing6:

Ok .. I'll give it try when I run out of HEBE.

I'm happy to say I've had my PJ under control and I've only bought one new product in a month. And I have BB to *thank* for that with the L'oreal conditioner.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really wish I could find the HEBE gel, I may have to go to Target just for that. :tongue:

I agree, the HEBE gel is hard to find. I've only seen it at Walmart, Target and my local supermarket (Shoprite).
    I'm always afraid they're gong to discontinue it so I always buy a few whenever it's on sale and I have a coupon.
    Rite Aid and Walgreens carry the BE mousse but not the gel for some reason.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

I agree, the HEBE gel is hard to find. I've only seen it at Walmart, Target and my local supermarket (Shoprite).
    I'm always afraid they're gong to discontinue it so I always buy a few whenever it's on sale and I have a coupon.
    Ladies I have an extra if anyone wants it.
    My Photobucket Album
    rudeechick wrote: »

Ladies I have an extra if anyone wants it.

Thanks but I can't get it right now. :( I promised my mom I'd finish the stuff I have now, but I did get the HEBE Mousse because she wants to try it too.

:blob:

Shampoo - GTTTT

• ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file