I want to get highlights

ResRes Registered Users Posts: 2,911
I have a couple of questions first.

I know it probably will dry out my hair but I hope I can fix it with DTs and good conditioning?

Finally, what color?

http://public.fotki.com/Shantzor/loobavghesmu/boo008.html
http://public.fotki.com/Shantzor/hett-moussehesmu-gel/hesmu3018.html
3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued

Comments

• IrinaIrina Registered Users Posts: 100
    I say go for it!

I recently had my hair bleached all over to a platinum-golden shade. And it's really not that bad as long as I deep condition more often, and follow the CG method religiously!

I looked at your pictures and your hair is gorgeous. I would say light brown highlights? or maybe a medium brown? I guess it depends how big of an impact you want to make.

And a really important question to ask yourself is - are you going to be doing partial highlights? full? going to a professional?
    Been every color in the human hair spectrum! +HENNA
    CURRENTLY: BSL Light Golden Blonde (growing out bleach)

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

natural DTs are amazing:toothy4:

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."
  • ResRes Registered Users Posts: 2,911
    Thanks for the reply!

Looking at these, http://www.metrobeauty.com/files/8c/8c748905-65b8-bd7b-d587-2e268b18688c.jpg , I like medium coppery blonde,dark blonde, medium golden blonde and light brown. Most of them would be a pretty big impact I think but not so much the light brown.

I will be doing it at a salon, and they do it with a cap, so I'd say that's full? =/ Sorry I'm clueless on that stuff.

3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • IrinaIrina Registered Users Posts: 100
    A cap? If you're looking for some kind of an impact, I really dont think that you should get the cap done. From personal experience, ALWAYS stick with the foil! Maybe more damage, but will look better in the long run.

And as for the colors, I think a mixture of dark blonde and light brown would look great on your hair.
    Medium golden blonde is too yellow, and the rest are too orange.

But these are just my opinions, you are the official decision maker! :P
    Been every color in the human hair spectrum! +HENNA
    CURRENTLY: BSL Light Golden Blonde (growing out bleach)

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

natural DTs are amazing:toothy4:

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file