Hello from Chi-Town!

Hi, my name is Kara. And I am a product junkie. I have just been buying all the wrong products!

I decided to go CG last weekend, so I have been at it for a whole week! And I did it with stuff bought at my grocery store or Kmart!

I have no idea what my hair type is, and I am in search of a new stylist, and a good DT.

Everyone has been so very nice to me here so far, so Thanks!
Kara in Chicago
Figuring out this CG stuff... sort of!
Big Chop on 10-14-09!! Donating hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hope that someone likes my curly hair as much as I do!
Mom to a curly-headed almost 2 year old!

Currently: No Poo, occasional Kathy Mack soap bars (LOVE them!), Deva products, L'Oreal Nutri Vive Pro Gloss, and honey.
Stylers: Curl Keeper (only works in winter), Deva gel, HESMU, and KCCC. And some other stuff that I don't remember now!!

Comments

• v1oletbutterflyv1oletbutterfly Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi Kara,

My name is Marisol and I am new to Naturally Curly/CurlTalk. I am also from Chi-town! :lol:

I currently use Deva Curl products and love One Conditioner. I am out of the conditioner right now but will soon order another bottle online. Like you, I am also looking for a good hair salon in Chicago that embraces and knows how to care for curly hair. I've heard great things about Callie at Toujours salon. She cuts hair using the Devachan technique aka. cutting it dry.

I might give her a try.
  • karamelsutra.73karamelsutra.73 Posts: 24Registered Users
    Marisol,

I used to go to Cally at Toujours! She didn't cut my hair dry though. She would clean it up after it was dry to make it look nice. But I haven't been to her in years! So I wonder if she is doing it different now?

I loved her! The only reason I stopped going to her was cause she was so far from me! I have moved to the north side of the city and am thinking of trying her again!

She had me using some of the Deva products, but I wasn't even close to being a CG at that time, so I wonder if they would work better now that I am trying it?

One conditioner? I will try it! Thanks!

Let me know if you go see her! I am thinking of trying Carolyn Long at Salon Evoluer (see thread in the stylist section). Or I might go back to Cally. (Or is it Callie? I don't know!)

Nice to "meet" you!
    Kara in Chicago
    Figuring out this CG stuff... sort of!
    Big Chop on 10-14-09!! Donating hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hope that someone likes my curly hair as much as I do!
    Mom to a curly-headed almost 2 year old!

Currently: No Poo, occasional Kathy Mack soap bars (LOVE them!), Deva products, L'Oreal Nutri Vive Pro Gloss, and honey.
    Stylers: Curl Keeper (only works in winter), Deva gel, HESMU, and KCCC. And some other stuff that I don't remember now!!

• marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    glad you're here

get a better grasp of your hair type(s), most curlies are a variety of types. curlsalons can help you find a curly stylist.

poke around and have fun

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file