newbie CG with a question!

maebytonightmaebytonight Posts: 6Registered Users
Greeting, everyone! My name is Stephanie, and my 2009 goal is to return to my hair roots. When I was much younger, I had Shirley Temple ringlets until I discovered the flat iron. I've decided that I miss my beautiful, natural curls, and I started the Curly Girl program today!

My question is, I've read the FAQ, and I have NO IDEA what hair type(s) I fall into. My hair is super thick, and there is certainly some curl, but mostly it just puffs outward (of course, that could be because I haven't had a haircut in 8 months). Anyway, I've attached pictures of my hair after my first no-poo experience...still poofy (especially in the back), but curlier than usual!

It's great to find like-minded curlies, and here's to hoping my hair gets better! :D
2c/coarse/iii

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome! Not sure...maybe 2a/2b???
    Give CG some time, you might find that your hair really is curlier!
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • MaifleurMaifleur Posts: 28Registered Users
    It looks to me like your hair is naturally a lot curlier than it is in that picture.
    CG since 10/18!
    Products: Suave Naturals Lavender Conditioner, Burt's Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar, ACV rinses, and Graham Webb gel.

I'm 2a on the top layer, 3a in the middle, and 3b near my neck.
    Yup, just another Coloradan battling the weather.
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    welcome

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file