Anything I should know beforehand?

ManOfLocksManOfLocks Registered Users Posts: 12
Hey everyone!

My hair has been doing amazing every since I came here, and I cannot believe the transformation from using damage-in-a-bottle to going CG.

I've made the decision to dye my hair from very dark brown to a lighter brown. I'm going to use Revlon Colorsilk, as I hear only good things from CGs concerning that.

Now, in the box itself it directs us to shampoo and use the special conditioner. Would it be alright if I just did a Clarify/CoWash? I wouldn't want my hair to turn out the wrong way.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IrinaIrina Registered Users Posts: 100
    WAIT!! How light do you want to go?

If you're expecting the $3 dye to lift too much color you might be in for a disappointment and it will turn out a ghastly orange. Also, is the dark brown your natural color? If not, you may need bleach + professional.

I've used colorsilk before, but just to keep up my color. There's too little of the after conditioner and it's not that moisturizing.

I hope everything works out!
    Been every color in the human hair spectrum! +HENNA
    CURRENTLY: BSL Light Golden Blonde (growing out bleach)

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

natural DTs are amazing:toothy4:

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file