CurlTalk

Newbie. Help.

CurlySodaCurlySoda Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi.
Well, I'm new to this thing but i stopped using relaxer a long time ago about...7/17/08 and I had a lot of my hair chopped off and then I went on to straigntening it. Now its all damaged so I decided to STOP straigntening it and let it be for a while but the thing is I dnt know what to do with my hair I braid it and I leave it out curly but its still feels dry and damaged. What products are good for damaged biracial hair? I have lots of split ends, too. So what can I do to help my damaged/frizzy/curly/thick/uncontrollable hair!:-(
I plan to go to the beauty store this weekend what kind of products should I but? Deep Conditioners, Shampoos, Conditioners,Greases/Oils, Leave-in's?

I have 3c hair type.

Comments

• AyeyoneekAyeyoneek Posts: 97Registered Users
    CurlySoda wrote: »
    Hi.
    Well, I'm new to this thing but i stopped using relaxer a long time ago about...7/17/08 and I had a lot of my hair chopped off and then I went on to straigntening it. Now its all damaged so I decided to STOP straigntening it and let it be for a while but the thing is I dnt know what to do with my hair I braid it and I leave it out curly but its still feels dry and damaged. What products are good for damaged biracial hair? I have lots of split ends, too. So what can I do to help my damaged/frizzy/curly/thick/uncontrollable hair!:-(
    I plan to go to the beauty store this weekend what kind of products should I but? Deep Conditioners, Shampoos, Conditioners,Greases/Oils, Leave-in's?

I have 3c hair type.

did u use heat protector gel?..just give it a good deep condition every week...i use olive oil replenishing pak its like a dollar somethin at the beauty store...and yeah maybe u should put the flat iron down for a while..
    but there are other hair styles..u can just wear it in a bun or bantu knots out..or just get kinky twists so u wont mess with ur hair for a while
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!
    whoop! finally all natural!

hairtype-mostly 4a but a bit 3c also

Visit me&my hair! :wave:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FAyeyoneek%2F" class="Popup
  • vmochavmocha Posts: 125Registered Users
    CurlySoda wrote: »
    Hi.

I have 3c hair type.

Hey girl,

When I first transitioned I had the same problem with dry hair—This is what I did to stop the breakage and dryness…

-I started cowashing with Cantu Shea Butter Conditioning everyday
    -Washing 3-4 times a week with Olive Oil Shampoo
    -Deep Conditioning with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil, the cooking kind) and Pure Shea Butter. The DC is what hydrates my hair especially in the winter months J
    -Occasionally put light oil (Olive Oil hair moisturizer) on my hair—because I HATE greasy hair

I cowash my hair at night and put twists in it to get the curly style…

Hope this helps!!

:blob7:Curly Fro Tutorial!! Updates coming soon!
    www.YouTube.com/MsCSmiley
    comic-p.jpg
    -4b and THICK curlies....:afro:
    -BC Jan. 31, 2009!!

"Jah be with you until we meet again..."