{if $User.SignedIn} {literal}
{$User.Name}
{/literal} {/if}

Wii Fit...definitely a workout!

raychieraychie Posts: 42Registered Users
We got the Wii Fit for Christmas. I never thought it was actually a real way to workout. I mean, seriously, I just do some yoga moves and it counts as a workout?

Well, I did it today, and it is totally a workout. I'm in pain! One of the yoga moves completely worked my abs. Some of the cardio stuff is really good too. I did the Hula Hoop game and with a little competition (I was trying to beat my sister's highest number) in the mix, I was going as fast as I could- also making my abs sore! There's also this ski jumping game where you have to squat a lot and boy, do my quads hurt!

We'll see how this all feels tomorrow! I'm glad we got it, it will add some variety to my running routine!

Comments

• Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't feel ashamed anymore. I've been using my wii fit to loose weight. You have just encourage me to continue with because it does kick but.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We just bought one along with the fitboard. It's a nice way to break up the routine. I did the balance game and I had no idea the muscles I was using trying to get that darn ball in the hole. I am going to try and do the aerobics and strength training for 30 minutes each morning for a change. I also did the hula hoop one - it was funny!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • vegas_curlsvegas_curls Posts: 860Registered Users Curl Novice
    So, I tried the Wii Fit for the first time while at my sister's house last week. I tried a little bit of each game and geez, I indeed got a workout - to the point I busted a sweat! But I think part of my workout was the result from laughing so hard. There were so many things I totally sucked at. Slalom, tennis, boxing... all horrible, but I actually felt a little sore the next day. :toothy7:
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    Have any of you guys heard of the game My Fitness Coach by Wii? You dont have to use Wii Fit to use it. I have heard SUCH wonderful things. In the game, your interactive coach Maya guides you through stuff. You tell her (thru the control) what items you have on hand, like a step board or weights and you choose how long you want your workout to be (15, 30, 45, 60 minutes) and she does stuff with you. There are different locations, music choices, etc. I have heard GREAT things about it.
  • 757diva757diva Posts: 40Registered Users
    I had the Wii Fit for a month and sold it to a game store here. It was awesome don't get me wrong but I just could not dedicate myself to working out in my house lol I'm used to being on a treadmill at my apartments gym. But it is awesome....They do need more games for it. There is supposed to be some sort of monthly paid service coming out unless it is already out for like 30 bucks a month and you use free weights and such.
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote: »
    Have any of you guys heard of the game My Fitness Coach by Wii? You dont have to use Wii Fit to use it. I have heard SUCH wonderful things. In the game, your interactive coach Maya guides you through stuff. You tell her (thru the control) what items you have on hand, like a step board or weights and you choose how long you want your workout to be (15, 30, 45, 60 minutes) and she does stuff with you. There are different locations, music choices, etc. I have heard GREAT things about it.

I have it and use it several times a week. I love it. It is fun. I look forward to exercise and I have used it for a couple of months now. Great!

Never tried the Wii Fit. I wanted something a bit more "hard core" and it sounded like "My Fitness Coach" was a better choice for me. I am happy!

I use a step board, weights and one of them big fitness balls with the program. You can also use a heart monitor, but I don't.

• rosannarosannadannarosannarosannadanna Posts: 109Registered Users
    I got the Wii Fit after falling in love with Wii Sports. Both are very challenging. My only complaint with the Fit is that there are some parts on it that can really aggrivate arthritic knees. I am waiting to hear reviews on EA's latest game for the Wii Fit. Hoping it get's good reviews because it looks good to me!
    "Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Our goals should be health (and) stamina." - Emme Aronson

3A short inverted bob, auburn with red highlights colored hair
    Fine, but lots of it

Yes to Cucumbers Color Care shampoo and conditioner, AOMMJ, KCCC, CJCIAB, CJRP, CJBCLI, CJCR.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm on week 2 of working out with my wii fit program. :D The hula hoop is fun and I'm really good with balancing during yoga and stuff. The step aerobics really get the heart pumping. :tongue1: I want to lose weight and tone myself up. Although my wii fit age is 15 yrs younger, my BMI is too high (overweight). :p

I am not ashamed to admit I work out with Wii! :D

ETA: We also have fun as a family playing the sports games, etc. I was the one that insisted if we got another game system, it would be the Wii so we can get fit while we play. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    i LOVE the wii fit, we bought it for my mum for mothers day this year and she loves it. It's a very fun way to be active, especially when we all get together and challenege one another.

i agree it's a good workout the hoola hoop game had me sore the next day on the outsides of my hips. You forget that you're actually workinout becasue it's so fun.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    So, I tried the Wii Fit for the first time while at my sister's house last week. I tried a little bit of each game and geez, I indeed got a workout - to the point I busted a sweat! But I think part of my workout was the result from laughing so hard. There were so many things I totally sucked at. Slalom, tennis, boxing... all horrible, but I actually felt a little sore the next day. :toothy7:

We don't have a Wii, but our neighbors do and we play on it sometimes.
    Man, playing the tennis and boxing alone made me exhausted and my arms were sore the next day. I suck horribly at playing sport video games, though. :sad3:
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I unlocked the boxing on the Fit program, it's fun! But too slow. I'll have to try the Sports version next. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought EA Active. What I like about it is that it is more of a routine - you tell it how long you want to excercise and if you want cardio, etc and it will set up the routine. I did end up buying a diff resistance band though. I was not that happy with the one that came with it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file