2b's: What's the best product you've used that is reasonably priced?

EitakEitak Posts: 31Registered Users
Also, any other good tips? I'm new here :)

Comments

• ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Definitely stalk any of us that list 2a/b/c as our hair type. You'll get great ideas that way. :)

I love Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol. I get a big tub from Sally's for less than $3! :D

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    Reasonably priced:

V05, $1 or less, Loreal VPNG, $3.50 or so for cowashing

HE Totally Twisted Gel, $4 or so (stopped working for me but it's CG) Alagio Curl Balm Gel, $5.50

Giovanni Leave In, $8, but you don't have to use much so it goes a long way

Hmmm...now thinking about it the majority of what I use isn't reasonably priced!!!
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • EitakEitak Posts: 31Registered Users
    Thanks! Ha no, those prices are fine.
    I'm thinking about getting the Herbal Essences totally twisted gel. I was looking at the ingredients in CVS today, but I didn't have any extra money for it.
  • HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
    Loreal Out of Bed texturizing (LOOB)
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    VO5 Vanilla Tea Mint for CO wash.

HESMU gel (better than the TT for 2's... more def and hold)

HeSMU mousse
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • tulsagirl20tulsagirl20 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I really like Aussi Catch the Wave Mousse + Leave-In. It makes my hair really soft and keeps it from getting frizzy and nasty!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Reasonably priced:

V05, $1 or less, Loreal VPNG, $3.50 or so for cowashing

HE Totally Twisted Gel, $4 or so (stopped working for me but it's CG) Alagio Curl Balm Gel, $5.50

Giovanni Leave In, $8, but you don't have to use much so it goes a long way

Hmmm...now thinking about it the majority of what I use isn't reasonably priced!!!

Totally agree with GLI and HE but I use HEBE instead. Also the conditioner that has about a 50 page thread on ... L'oreal Vive whatever whatever - pink bottle stuff - as the thread says make you get the one for wavy/curly hair - $6. NOTE: I got the one in the toothpaste tube that is for medium to long damaged hair. Really nice conditioner, no cones but a wee bit heavy for my hair. And of course there's Sauve, got mine on sale for $1!!!

I consider it really expensive when I buy, try and don't like it even if I only spent a few bucks on it. Then it just sits in the product graveyard. :(
    For me, it can all be "reasonably" priced depending how much and how often you use. I have a relatively expensive bottle of CK (the litre size) think it was over $20. But I've had it almost a year and I've used it at least 95% of the times I've "washed" my hair in the last year. Still have about a quarter of it left.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Loreal VPNG is the best drug store condish IMO!!! LOVE IT!

V05 #1 for co-wash but Suave coco is 2nd..

compared to other products CK is reasonable and you can't beat what it does in the Summer for FRIZZ control. I've yet to find a cheapo styler that I'm wild about, they are all just soso but LOOB is pretty darn good if you don't mind the water soluable cones, I wouldn't suggest you use it daily though.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    Sally's sells a generic version of the Biolage Conditioning Balm, and I hear that it is as good as the real thing, which I'm almost out of right about now. The brand name one cost me 23 dollars for a huge thing of it that took me 2.5 months to use up completely, but I think the Sally's version is like 7 dollars. This is a nice conditioner that is moisturizing without being overly thick or weighing down hair.

The HE gels and mousses are CG and reasonably priced, as is LA Looks Sports Gel, which is ridiculously inexpensive (3 for a HUGE bottle) and a lot of people have success with it.

If you need a low-poo, Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars (you can find them online) are 7 dollars or so for a big bar, which could potentially last you a very, very long time, making it worth the price. Hope that helped!!
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sally's sells a generic version of the Biolage Conditioning Balm, and I hear that it is as good as the real thing,

I've never tried the real thing but WOW this stuff is BALMY and feels soooo nice on the hair! ReddishRocks got me into this and it's about $5 at Sally's. GREAT stuff!!!! I had to special order the Lustrasilk Olive Oil that Red also loves so can't wait to get that :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    Homemade flax seed gel! Cost me almost nothing to make and I am loving my satsuma scent ... (see my sig for details):tongue:

I also love the Loréal NutriGloss conditioning treatment that whatsercurl mentioned (I can't get the conditioner here but found the CG friendly treatment in the tube instead).
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    I love KMS California Curling Balm, but it is a bit pricey though, about $16.50 I think. But it's worth it! It defines your waves/curls and makes your hair very soft and doesn't leave your hair crunchy at all. Plus it smells really good.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

Britney wrote: »
    I love KMS California Curling Balm, but it is a bit pricey though, about $16.50 I think. But it's worth it! It defines your waves/curls and makes your hair very soft and doesn't leave your hair crunchy at all. Plus it smells really good.

Just had to ask ... do you layer the Curling Balm with anything?

Discount code:

• wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is a total guano, but I just gotta say, there is some kick*ss gorgeous rockin' wavy hair on this page! Look at those photos!

You are all really giving us wavies something to strive for. :toothy1:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users

I'm probably just being dumb, but I'm not sure what you mean by "layering" it with anything? :oops: I don't really use anything else but the curling balm.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

I'm probably just being dumb, but I'm not sure what you mean by "layering" it with anything? :oops: I don't really use anything else but the curling balm.

Oh, sorry ... I just meant do you put a leave in under it and/or a gel/mousse (some sort of product with hold) over it? I just wondered if it had enough moisture (so no leave in needed) and enough hold (so no gel/mousse required). But you answered my question in your reply! :) Wow! I will have to try it ...

This is such a great thread - some new ideas for us all! And I second the comment about the beautiful waves on this page! Gorgeous! :happy7:

As for tips that the OP requested, one thing for wavies (at least for me), is the more I scrunch, the curlier it gets and if I just sort of rake the products in and do not scrunch, it's much wavier. Nice to have the option ....

For my other product faves, check out my signature below ...

Discount code:

• Hermoineâ„¢Hermoineâ„¢ Banned Posts: 93Banned Users
    Eitak wrote: »
    Thanks! Ha no, those prices are fine.
    I'm thinking about getting the Herbal Essences totally twisted gel. I was looking at the ingredients in CVS today, but I didn't have any extra money for it.

HETT Gel or mousse might work well.
    homemade Flax spray/Gel might also be worth a try if you have time.
    Hermoine™ (He really loves them, but i so :hate: my freckles)

Natural (Biological) Hair Type: Combination Hair Dry to Normal (straighties, wavies and curlies on both sides) XYZ
    Natural (Biological) Skin Tone: Type I/Fair (Dry to Normal)
    Queen of the Waifs (with or w/o this funky tan)
    http://www.onlinecliniqueforum.forumotion.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file