thank you KM, I will have to experiment now! :laughing6:
    Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
    John 3:16
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
    Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
    Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
    No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
    LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
    http://public.fotki.com/discobug71/
    password: curly
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used the Jelly with great success. :cheers:

I used the DM detangler as a leave-in, followed by the Aloe & Honey Jelly. After plopping with a Curlease towel, I scrunched in a small amount of CCB and a dime size amount of Paul Brown GOO.

I scrunched in a little Coco Hemp cream to scrunch out the small amount of crunch I had.

I probably could have done without the GOO, but I haven't had a lot of success with the DM products up until now. The CCB had been giving me really soft hair, but little definition and tons of frizz.

I was amazed at my results. I had tons of tight curls, with no frizz and they lasted all day. I had given up on the CCB and am thrilled I can now use the big jar I bought of it !!
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    aaawwwww, thanks Disco! If it'll be in stock next week though, I'll just wait it out :P But I appreciate it!
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • discobugdiscobug Posts: 404Registered Users
    frizzbgone: So you used the CCB to scrunch out what was left of the crunch from the aloe honey jelly? Have you layered any of the DM products together?

Going to take a shower and I am going to try the hemp or the CCB as a leave in under the aloe jelly. I already know I get great soft shiny curls from the lock and twist so I want to try the other DM stuff.
    I will report back!
    Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
    John 3:16
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
    Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
    Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
    No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
    LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
    http://public.fotki.com/discobug71/
    password: curly
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    discobug wrote: »
    frizzbgone: So you used the CCB to scrunch out what was left of the crunch from the aloe honey jelly? Have you layered any of the DM products together?

Going to take a shower and I am going to try the hemp or the CCB as a leave in under the aloe jelly. I already know I get great soft shiny curls from the lock and twist so I want to try the other DM stuff.
    I will report back!

Don't want to guano, but discobug--I did it for you! Last week, I used some products that my hair hated. Couldn't remove them with soap bars, so I used my sample of DM Sugar Honey Oasis Shampoo (started a thread) to remove it. I used the Cocoa Hemp as my leave in, the CCB and followed up with AOMM. (Don't have the DM aloe jelly.) It gave me beautiful, bouncy curls. I'm sure the Aloe & Honey will only add to the experience, LOL!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I will report back!

I used the DM Detangler as a leave-in, followed by the Jelly. I scrunched it in Jelly as I would a curl cream. After plopping with the Curlease towel, I scrunched in the CCB as if it were gel.

I used the Hemp cream to scrunch out the crunch. There wasn't a lot of crunch. The Hemp butter cream seemed to give it more definition and only increased the softness.

So ... I did layer the products, but in the order above. I suspect that DM product may play better with their own, as opposed to mixing ... at least for my hair. I haven't had any luck with the DM products up to this point, but this is the first time that I used the Jelly and the Detangler leave-in.

HTH
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used the cocoa hemp buttercream today and I can't figure out what went wrong. I applied as a leave in like I did with my samples and my hair feels like straw. There's nothing in the ingredient list that I know causes my hair issues and as I recall my hair didn't feel this way with the samples. Weather's about the same as it was then...any idea's what could be the culprit? I just bought the 4oz tub so I hate to not be able to use it now, because it worked great before.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
    amy51373 wrote: »
    I used the cocoa hemp buttercream today and I can't figure out what went wrong. I applied as a leave in like I did with my samples and my hair feels like straw. There's nothing in the ingredient list that I know causes my hair issues and as I recall my hair didn't feel this way with the samples. Weather's about the same as it was then...any idea's what could be the culprit? I just bought the 4oz tub so I hate to not be able to use it now, because it worked great before.

What else did you use with it? Maybe it wasn't happy with the mix. The only issue I've ever had with it was that it was "too much" with some other products.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    Scarriecarrie: which one is your favorite of the lock and twist and cocoa butter? I think the hemp may be too heavy for me, my hair doesn't seem to need all the moisture that the butters seem to deliver, at least the real heavy stuff. I do better with the lighter stuff like aloe and flax seed. The hemp butter does seem to absorb quickly though, I will be experimenting!

I'm sorry. I just saw this post. I like the L&T for dry hair and the CCB for wet hair. I get really springy, bouncy curls with the CCB. If I use the L&T on my wet hair, I don't need a leave-in & I have to be careful to rinse all my conditioner out or I will look slightly greasy.
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
    kathymack wrote: »

What else did you use with it? Maybe it wasn't happy with the mix. The only issue I've ever had with it was that it was "too much" with some other products.

I thought about this later as I was watching TV and I'm going to do some experimenting with it and different combo's. I went back to my trusty hair spreadsheet and the combo I used today was one that worked well previously. There may be just enough difference in the weather from when I got your samples and now. My plan is to try experimenting some more and trying it with no product this weekend to see what happens. I did just see scarriecarrie's thread about the wax in the KBB and wondered if the emulsifying wax could be an issue...we'll keep at it because I loved it before and my curls were fantastic today, just dry feeling.

I thought about this later as I was watching TV and I'm going to do some experimenting with it and different combo's. I went back to my trusty hair spreadsheet and the combo I used today was one that worked well previously. There may be just enough difference in the weather from when I got your samples and now. My plan is to try experimenting some more and trying it with no product this weekend to see what happens. I did just see scarriecarrie's thread about the wax in the KBB and wondered if the emulsifying wax could be an issue...we'll keep at it because I loved it before and my curls were fantastic today, just dry feeling.

Sorry if we're guanoing this thread.

I'm wondering if it could be build up from something else? Last week, I tried some new products and it made my hair hard. There were no ingredients in them that my hair doesn't like (unless they didn't list the castor oil, LOL!) No matter what tried and true combinations I used the next few days--my hair had a different consistency. The soap bars didn't "remove" what ever it was and I finally tried my sample of the DM Sugar Honey Oasis. That did it and my hair is soft and bouncy again.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I did a sulfate shampoo today since I usually do that about once a month anyway and didn't use the cocoa hemp buttercream and my hair is fine. I'll try it again over the next few days and see what happens. I did however use the DM Jelly today and that stuff just amazes me. I wish it came in a bigger size, I have a feeling I'll be ordering it alot. I'm also loving the slip detangler sample she sent.
  • curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    I'm liking this stuff pretty well these days. I used too much at first, and it made my hair pretty stringy. I've adjusted the amount I'm using, and now it's working nicely. I'm using about two dime sized dollops scrunched in over KBB super silky as a leave-in, with a little HE SMU gel on top. I get great curl definition and some good clumps too. It seems to work best for me if I plop my hair for about 5 minutes with a flour sack towel. I find the same thing when I use AVG.

Overall, I think I'm having better luck with this than the other DM products. I really like the CCB and the L&T, but I have trouble getting the right amount in my hair. It always seems to be too little or too much!
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm liking this stuff pretty well these days. I used too much at first, and it made my hair pretty stringy. I've adjusted the amount I'm using, and now it's working nicely. I'm using about two dime sized dollops scrunched in over KBB super silky as a leave-in, with a little HE SMU gel on top. I get great curl definition and some good clumps too. It seems to work best for me if I plop my hair for about 5 minutes with a flour sack towel. I find the same thing when I use AVG.

Overall, I think I'm having better luck with this than the other DM products. I really like the CCB and the L&T, but I have trouble getting the right amount in my hair. It always seems to be too little or too much!
    This is interesting....How we all get great results with different methods!! How long is your hair curlyK? I'm using about 2 dime size dollops but no leave in and of course my BRHG on top :) I stopped the Plop recently though cuz it seemed to be pulling out my waves, where as in the Summer it helped to encourage the curl? Now I may have to try Plopping again with the HJ! I find that my hair dries really fast with this stuff which she describes on the website that it does. That's a definite PLUS in this cold NorthEast weather!!! I have to try L&T on wet hair again.....
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    This is interesting....How we all get great results with different methods!! How long is your hair curlyK? I'm using about 2 dime size dollops but no leave in and of course my BRHG on top :) I stopped the Plop recently though cuz it seemed to be pulling out my waves, where as in the Summer it helped to encourage the curl? Now I may have to try Plopping again with the HJ! I find that my hair dries really fast with this stuff which she describes on the website that it does. That's a definite PLUS in this cold NorthEast weather!!! I have to try L&T on wet hair again.....

I have fine hair that's between chin length and shoulder length right now. My hair definitely dries faster with the HJ, but I think the curl definition is a little better if I plop it for just 5, maybe 10 minutes at most. In general, though, my hair is less curly now than it was during the summer. The plopping with the HJ helps, but I still don't have the curl that I had a few months ago!

Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Not sure where the discussion was of when this would be back in stock. I've been waiting to place a big order to restock my samples. Over the weekend, everything but the Aloe & Honey Curl Jelly and the sampler was back in stock. When I originally asked last week, Ayanna was hoping to have this available on Monday, 1/5. When it wasn't up yesterday, I emailed. The product is ready, it's the container supplier that hasn't come through-- again. It will be available as soon as the containers come in, so keep looking--she was hoping to have it today.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the update. My order with afrokinks was 'messed' (they totally made good on it though!!) up so I never got this back in December so I have been checking the site so I can order it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »

why does it dry faster??
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    I'm not really sure why it dries faster, but it does. Maybe it doesn't hold as much water as when I use other products???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file