Favorite slow cooker recipes?

Please post them here! and links are also good.

I am especially interested in vegetarian dishes, savory main dishes and sides, interesting chicken dishes, maybe even some desserts....
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Comments

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    One of my favorites is Italian Beef:

roast (whichever cut you prefer)
    1 can beer
    1 jar pepperocini's (sp?)
    seasonings to taste

Just put the roast in the crock pot, season it how you prefer, add the beer and peppers. If you prefer your beef to be spicier, add the juice from the peppers as well.

I also sometimes add minced garlic to mine in addition to the seasonings because I love garlic.

I've actually got a few more, but I'm at work right now so I don't have them on me. I have a great recipe for baked beans in a slow cooker - IMO much better than regular baked beans and everyone always raves about them!
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    One of my favorites is a roast also

1 Roast
    1 Can Cream of Mushroom soup (Campbells IS the Best)
    1 small pkg. of fresh mushrooms
    2 cloves of garlic
    Pepper to taste

Brown the roast after sprinkling with Salt and Pepper. Add the rest of ingredients on top of roast in the crockpot and cook until done.

Makes a nice gravy for mashed potatoes too :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Where's PhDCow? She always has the best sounding stuff going in her slow cooker!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    Deb's Baked Beans

1 lb. ground beef or sausage
    2 (55 oz.) cans baked beans (any flavor)
    2 (4 oz.) cans chopped or diced green chile peppers
    1 vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
    1.5 c BBQ sauce (any flavor)
    3/4 c brown sugar
    1 T garlic powder
    1 T chili powder
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp red wine vinegar
    1 T prepared mustard
    1-3 T tabasco (to your taste)
    salt pork (or 1/2 lb to 1 lb bacon strips)

Brown ground beef, drain fat, and combine with all other ingredients in a large crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours. If using a block of salt port, after cooking, separate and incorporate into beans. Two cans of green chiles, undrained, makes the beans really hot and spicy. If you prefer less hot and spicy, use only one can and drain your chiles. Yields 25-30 servings.

3a-3b - high porosity
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    JillH410 wrote: »
    Deb's Baked Beans

1 lb. ground beef or sausage
    2 (55 oz.) cans baked beans (any flavor)
    2 (4 oz.) cans chopped or diced green chile peppers
    1 vidalia onion, peeled and chopped
    1.5 c BBQ sauce (any flavor)
    3/4 c brown sugar
    1 T garlic powder
    1 T chili powder
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp red wine vinegar
    1 T prepared mustard
    1-3 T tabasco (to your taste)
    salt pork (or 1/2 lb to 1 lb bacon strips)

Brown ground beef, drain fat, and combine with all other ingredients in a large crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours. If using a block of salt port, after cooking, separate and incorporate into beans. Two cans of green chiles, undrained, makes the beans really hot and spicy. If you prefer less hot and spicy, use only one can and drain your chiles. Yields 25-30 servings.

This does sound really good! I'm not much for beef, but could try it with sausage, bacon or a meat substitute (depending on mood). Thanks for posting :)

Phd cow is also welcome. Everyone is with yummy sounding recipes. I've picked up some slow cooker magazines but was interested in people's tried and true favorites..
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

I am especially interested in anyone's tried and true favorite slow cooker recipes for the following:

• bbq baby back ribs
    • chili
    • savory chicken, italian style
    • more good bean dishes
    • vegetable dishes?
    • any kind of seafood dishes? (I know you are supposed to add the seafood at the very end of cooking so it doesn't overcook. Anyone try cioppino or fish stew in a slow cooker and like the results???)
    • creamy potato chowder

• PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My rule w/the crockpot is the simpler, the better.

Really Easy Italian Chicken

4 chicken breasts in 1/2 c. Italian dressing w/1 chicken bouillon cube -- let cook on low for 6 hours and serve over couscous

Amazingly Good Split Pea Soup

1 lb bag of split peas (rinsed and checked for stones)
    1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
    1/2 c white wine
    1 c diced carrots
    2 ham/pork hocks

Combine everything in the crockpot and let cook on low for about 10 hours (4 hours on high).
    Remove the ham hocks and take all the meat off the bone.
    Throw the meat back into the crockpot.
    Season with salt to taste.
    Whisk the hell out of it and serve.

Gah! There are so many that I just whip up as I go along. Oooh...

Pork with Mushroom Wine Sauce

1-2 lb. boneless pork roast
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 can white wine

Let cook for 6 hours on low
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

TY PHD! Keep them coming!! I need to put my crock pot to more USE lately...I've gotten bored with all my usuals...The split pea is PERFECT I'm trying it today, I didn't like the recipe on the bag. Will report back!:salut:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
    PhD Cow stole one of mine! :)

But I keep it simple-er ... just chicken and italian dressing. It's something my dad used to make and I love love it! especially when the chicken just falls apart .... yum!
    It's so easy too!
    Just add as much dressing as you like. I sometimes put water in too so that I don't have to use so much dressing.
    Type: 3b with a little 3a f/m mix, ii

A "Mrs." as of June 26, 2010 :love3:
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just posted this in another thread, but here's the recipe for my wild rice soup that is arguably DH's all time favorite. I warn you - it's certainly NOT figure-friendly. But damn it's good. :laughing1:

Wild Rice Soup (or stew or crock pot casserole...it's THICK!)

1-12 oz packge raw wild rice

4 cups chicken broth or stock (or water, plus chicken bullion to make proper strength for 4 cups of broth)

1 lb bacon (double smoked applewood is our favorite for this), cut into small pieces and fried crisp - reserve the bacon grease, and use a BIG pan!

1 medium to large sweet onion, chopped small

1 bunch celery hearts (leaves and all!) chopped small

1 1/2 cups baby carrots, cut into fat coins

1/4 cup flour (more or less, added a couple of tablespoons at a time)

1 pint heavy cream or table cream (I never said this was low fat!!!)

Optional ingredients (add any or all of these along with other veggies in the roux): sliced mushrooms, either canned or fresh (I never get to put these in anymore, even though I love them...DH doesn't *sniff*) slivered almonds, or coarsely chopped waterchestnuts.

Place wild rice, broth (or water and bullion), and bacon into a 5 qt. or larger crock pot. In the pan you fried the bacon in, add flour to the reserved bacon grease and mix well - do not leave any of the flour dry, but don't add too little, either. It should be just a touch thicker than the consistency of pudding. If you don't know what it is that you're making here, it's a flour and fat mixture called a roux - used for thickening liquids. I usually add some fresh ground black pepper at this point, but that's up to you. You will not need any added salt!

Turn the heat on medium-high, and let the flour bubble in the fat for a minute before adding the veggies to the pan (you don't want it to taste like wallpaper paste!). Saute the veggies in the roux until the onion and celery are transparent, and then turn off the heat. Dump the whole shebang into your crockpot with everything else except the cream, and turn your crockpot on low. Now walk away for at least four to six hours - longer if your wild rice hasn't started to pop.

When more than half of the rice has popped, or pretty much any time after that point when you're ready to serve, stir well and then add your cream a little at a time, stirring between additions. When all of your cream is added and stirred in, allow the soup (stew, casserole...whatever!) to warm through thoroughly, but do not boil. Serve piping hot!! This is a perfect complete meal with a crisp green salad and warm crusty bread. Mmmmmm...

**Warning - almost every time I make this in my 5 qt. crockpot, I ALMOST overflow it when adding the cream. Stir carefully, folding the cream into the rest, and you shouldn't overflow it.

And then there's a super simple chicken recipe I've used when in a pinch, but it's so yummy, and very versatile.

Chicken Barbacoa

1 jar of your favorite salsa (I love Zapata fire roasted green)
    1/2 c brown sugar
    4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless (can be frozen from the package)

Mix the salsa and brown sugar in the crock pot, then put the chicken breasts on top of the salsa. Turn on low and leave all day. Serve hot over cooked rice.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I do the chicken with italian dressing and add potatoes and carrots and parmesan cheese.
    Another of our favorites is chicken with salsa slow cooked all day and served over rice with sour cream or in soft taco shells and taco fixings.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    I found a version of this a long time ago in the cookbook that came with my crockpot. I've modified it a bit to make it simpler.

1-1 1/2 lbs stew beef
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp. sugar
    water
    14 oz can of diced tomatoes
    1-2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
    2 Tbls. cornstarch
    2 Tbls. water
    1 can sliced water chestnuts

[FONT=&quot]Combine beef, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, and sugar in slow cooker. I don't brown the beef first, but it comes out ok if you do. Add enough water to ALMOST cover the beef. Cook on LOW about 7-8 hours. Turn control to HIGH. Add tomato and peppers. Dissolve cornstarch with water in a small bowl and stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Sometimes I add a bag of frozen broccoli or some beansprouts at this point. Add water chestnuts at end. Serve over rice.

This has been a big hit with my family and friends for a few years now!

[/FONT]
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
    PhDCow wrote: »
    My rule w/the crockpot is the simpler, the better.

Really Easy Italian Chicken

4 chicken breasts in 1/2 c. Italian dressing w/1 chicken bouillon cube -- let cook on low for 6 hours and serve over couscous

Amazingly Good Split Pea Soup

1 lb bag of split peas (rinsed and checked for stones)
    1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
    1/2 c white wine
    1 c diced carrots
    2 ham/pork hocks

Combine everything in the crockpot and let cook on low for about 10 hours (4 hours on high).
    Remove the ham hocks and take all the meat off the bone.
    Throw the meat back into the crockpot.
    Season with salt to taste.
    Whisk the hell out of it and serve.

Gah! There are so many that I just whip up as I go along. Oooh...

Pork with Mushroom Wine Sauce

1-2 lb. boneless pork roast
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 can white wine

Let cook for 6 hours on low

Goddess! Thank you!! I may have to try each of these (but don't think I can use or even find canned wine; will just use something cheap from Trader Joes).

Botticelli's soup sounds decadent and super rich. I might try it if I can modify it using less bacon and cream..

Ladies, Keep those recipes coming!!

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Botticelli's soup sounds decadent and super rich. I might try it if I can modify it using less bacon and cream..

Oh, it can be done. Just use 1/2 a pound of bacon and make up the difference for the fat in the roux with a little bit of butter (maybe 1-2 Tbsp or so), and use half and half instead of table cream or heavy cream.

And yes, it IS decadent and super rich. *lol* But YUMMMMMMM! SO worth it!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I LOVE crockpot cooking. Especially in the winter.

ONe easy one:

2-4 lb beef roast (any inexpensive cut will do)
    1 chopped or sliced onion
    1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce (can use more to taste)

Place roast in crockpot, add enough water to just cover bottom of pot. Toss in chopped onion.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Take out roast and shred with 2 forks. Pour out liquid that remains in pot and discard (I scoop out the onions). Toss shredded meat, 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce and onions back in crockpot and cook for another 1/2 hour.

Serve on rolls. You can also do this with pork.

I have a lot of other recipes. I have to dig them out and will post later.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
    ok, technically this isn't a slow cooker recipe... but could be if you want! I just love it so much I had to share!

My mom's/aunt's chili:
    • 1 lb of ground meat (beef or turkey) - browned and drained
    • 2 lg cans of tomato sauce
    • 1 lg can of diced tomatos
    • 1 sm can of chili beans
    • chopped onions, celery, and green pepper... however much you want! :)
    • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 tbsp Cumin
    • ~2.5 tbps Chili powder (original recipe calls for 3, but it can get kind of overpowering, so we use ~2.5)
    • 2 tsp brown sugar
    • ~1 tbsp salt to taste
    • a few bay leaves (though not necessary if you don't have them!)
    After you've browned and drained the meat, just throw it all together and cook!
    It is my absolute FAVORITE chili recipe in the world. I have NEVER found one that even came close ... but maybe I'm just biased.... :toothy7:
    Type: 3b with a little 3a f/m mix, ii

A "Mrs." as of June 26, 2010 :love3:
  • JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users Curl Novice
    I use my crockpot all the time. This is one of my favorites:

1-1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
    3 TBLS olive oil
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/4 cup milk
    Cooked rice
    2 cans of cream of asparagus soup (if you don't like asparagus, use cream of celery soup instead)

Brown the pork in the olive oil until it's richly browned on all sides. Put in the crock pot along with any leftover juices in the pan. In a bowl, mix together all the rest of the ingredients (except the rice) and pour over the tenderloin in the crockpot. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve with rice.
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

We had this tonight:

Chicken Markhani

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used mostly thawed chicken breasts)
    1 onion, sliced
    6 garlic cloves, chopped
    4 T butter
    15 cardamom pods (in a little bag)
    2 tsp curry
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (didn't use this)
    2 tsp garam masala
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1 can coconut milk
    1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
    2 T lemon juice
    1 cup plain yogurt (to add at the end, I used fat free)

The Directions.

Use a 5 quart or larger crockpot. Carefully sew together the cardamom pods using a needle and thread. You can put them in a little cheese cloth bundle, instead, if you have that in the house. Put chicken in crockpot, and add onion, garlic, and all of the dry spices. Plop in the butter and tomato paste. Add lemon juice and coconut milk. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. The chicken should shred easily with 2 forks when fully cooked.

Stir in plain yogurt 15 minutes before serving. Discard cardamom pods. Salt to taste, serve with white or brown basmati rice.

We added the yogurt to individual bowls. Did need more salt.

I did this one on Saturday night.

Salsa Chicken and black bean soup

I used dried black beans & cooked them overnight.

The beans will take a super long time to soften, so this is a great candidate for those who are out of the house for long periods of time. It's soup---there's a lot of volume, and it won't burn on you. The even-neater (more neat?) trait of this soup is that there is no chopping or dicing, yay!

The Ingredients.
    --1 pound chicken (I used frozen breast tenderloins)
    --1 cup dried black beans (or 2 cans, drained and rinsed)
    --4 cups chicken broth
    --1 cup sliced mushrooms (I was out of mushrooms)
    --1 cup frozen corn
    --1 jar prepared salsa (16 oz)
    --1 1/2 tsp cumin
    --1/2 cup sour cream (to stir in at the end)
    --shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices, cilantro (all optional) The Directions.

I used a 6.5 quart crockpot. You will need a 4 quart or larger.

If you know you are going to make this the night before (yay for meal planning!) soak the black beans in enough water to cover and another 2 inches overnight. In the morning, drain the water and rinse the beans.

If you don't have super hard water or live in a super high altitude, you can quick soak the beans by pouring boiling water over them and let them sit for an hour or two. I did an hour, but 2 would really be better if you have the time. I cooked them overnight.

Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the crockpot. Put in the chicken, and add the broth and salsa. Pour in the corn and mushrooms, and add the cumin. Stir, but don't disturb the beans---let them stay at the bottom of the pot, closest to the heating element.

Cover and cook on high for 9 hours. Yup. High. For 9 hours. It took a crazy long time for the beans to soften, but they did. (It didn't take this long for me as the beans were cooked the night before.)

If you are using beans you soaked overnight, canned beans, or pre-cooked beans, you can cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5--similar to normal soup-cooking time.

If you'd like to thicken the broth scoop out 2 cups of the soup and carefully blend in your traditonal blender. Stir the mixture back into the crockpot.

Stir in the 1/2 cup of sour cream before serving, and garnish with shredded cheese and avocado slices.

These were great and I'll be trying another one this week...I have to get more chicken though.

This is one that I have been fixing for 10 years now.

Slowcooker Enchiladas

Ingredients:
    • 1 pound ground beef
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    • 1 can (16 ounces) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
    • 1/3 cup water
    • 1 teaspoon chili powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    • 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
    Directions:

In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through.

NOTES: We use 2 cans of black beans as we don't like pinto or kidney beans. I usually double it so we have leftovers.

I'm actually fixing this one to drop off for new parents. I have doubled this and put one in the freezer and cook one. It can be done in the oven also.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Susancnw-

I heart you :love4:

Can't wait to try these and some other yummy sounding new additions to the thread :snorting:

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    You are welcome! I'm falling in love with my crockpot again. I'm going to hit the thrift store and see if I can find a couple more. The one I have now cooks a bit faster than I like, but the 'warm' on it cooks it high.

I'll have to convince hubby that it's not that big a deal using the crockpot a couple of times a week...if he doesn't like it, he can cook more (and he does most of the cooking anyway, so that's not a big deal ;D)
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, thanks for that link Susancnw!

Here's another good one:

Partytime Beans:
    1 1/2 cups ketchup
    1 med chopped onion
    1 med chopped green pepper
    1 med chopped red pepper
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    2 bay leaves
    2 to 3 tsp cider vinegar
    1 tsp ground mustard
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can lima beans, rinsed and drained (I subsituted pinto beans, cause I don't like lima beans)
    1 can black beans rinsed and drained
    1 can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained

In a slow cooker, combine first 10 ingredients, mix well. Add the beans and peas, mix well. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours or until onion and peppers are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
    Makes 14-16 servings.

I'm sure you could halve this recipe and make it in a smaller crock pot for less servings.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    This is REALLY yummy....:tongue8:

Grilled Slow-Cooker Ribs

3 1/2 pounds pork loin back ribs
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    3 tablespoons liquid smoke
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1/2 cup cola carbonated beverage
    1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce

Coat the inside of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove inner skin from ribs. Combine garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and liquid smoke in a small bowl. Rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour carbonated beverage over ribs. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours. Remove ribs from slow cooker; drain and discard liquid. Heat grill, then place ribs on grill over medium heat; brush with barbecue sauce. Cover grill; cook 15 minutes. Servings: 6.
    Discovered CG 2007

Yummies!! :pig: :pig:

I just made this last night... took a little something from a few different recipes and threw it together and it. was. awesome.

I just used 2 frozen chicken breasts

2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1 packet of dry italian dressing
    1/8 cup of butter
    about 1/2 cup chopped onion

Put the chicken in the crockpot. Mixed the soup, dressing, butter and onions and then poured it on top of the chicken.

Cooked it on low for about 4 hours.

Shredded the chicken.

Added 4 oz cream cheese and about 3 T sour cream. Also, a couple handfuls of shredded carrots.

Cooked on low for another 2 hours or so.

I then served this over white rice and it was delicious!

3a-3b - high porosity
    JillH-

That does sound good, although I might adapt a little. But I am amazed that people are using the slow cooker in spring. Does it really work for all year use and seasonal eating? Amazing..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file