Hodge Podge potion

Okay.. so let me start by desribing my hair.. My hair is huge.. fluffy.. on occassion it is "angry" hair.. "spiteful".. but it is mine..and I love it! I have been natural now for two years (this february). I may comb my hair once ever two weeks. I know I know... I am sure that is horrible..

In my efforts to go green, I try to stick with the natural products.. well I can't find any that I trust.. or has this terrible odor that can clear a room..so I decided to create.. my own potion.. I call it.. Hodge Podge and it is basically anything I could find in my pantry. (Hey it could work)

I checked out a couple of sites after googling the available ingredients..and decided to mix this together.

2 eggs
1/2 cup of coconut milk (canned)
1tbsp olive oil
1tsp apple cider vinegar
1tsp honey
1tsp of rose water (the acv packs quite a punch.. I need something to kill the smell)

Soo..I rinsed my hair..and put this stuff on it.. I am leaving it in..and we'll see.. so far though.. it is smooth and soft.. who knows what it will be when it dries.. One good thing .. it doesn't coat with a creme color ..you know the kind that "settles" on your hair and won't disappear until it dries?? Well it doesn't do that. We'll see tomorrow what my hair looks like.
4 Years Natural and loving it!

Definition and elongation is obtained with Kinky-Curly product line. - It's just too sticky :(

I am about to try Donna Marie - Dream Curling Cream
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• missesginamissesgina Posts: 29Registered Users
    Well.... although it felt like it really saturated my hair..and didn't have a sticky feeling.. it did nothing as far as definition or shrinkage control.

I rinsed it this morning and tried it again like a conditioner. I combed my hair with my fingers and left it on for a few minutes. I didn't shampoo first because I didn't want to influence the results.

There is definition..but no different than the norm.. I wouldn't say this was a transformation. So far.. going at on my own is a bust.

I will use this regimen for the next couple of days to see if it will improve over time.

Definition and elongation is obtained with Kinky-Curly product line. - It's just too sticky :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How long are you leaving that on for?

Seems like the eggs wouldn't fair very well if it was longer than a few hours. Plus, ACV being on the hair for very long would probably cause some drying as well.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    Yeah, leaving ACV in is bound to counteract some of the moisturizing effect of the other ingredients.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • missesginamissesgina Posts: 29Registered Users
    It didn't work out very well... I really need to throw it away.

This is what I have tried recently..and it has great potential.. It is the coconut straightening treatment.. it's basically coconut oil, coconut butter, and non fat yogurt. The oil seemed to really penetrate my hair.. I will need to reapply.. not sure if I did it quite right..

Here is a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQD5vt5-3AI

My new years resolution is to invest more time in myself.. and part of it..is my hair..just trying to get a regimen down before the new year begins.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file