Product websites that deliver to Canada?

sunshine21sunshine21 Posts: 21Registered Users
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone knows about any good reputable websites that sell products and deliver to Canada? The only one that I have been able to find is Folica.com...but they dont carry as much as the US websites do. I hate product shopping in the malls especially at this time of year its too hectic! lol. Many US websites do deliver to Canada however they charge ALOT like $40 ive even seen them charge more.

Comments

• sunshine21sunshine21 Posts: 21Registered Users
    anyoneee? im desperate here! lol
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    curlkeeper.com has shipping for only 6.50 and zennkai hair salon ships too ....
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    honeyfig.com
    blendedbeauty.com
    iherb.com
    hennasooq.com
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    and also afrokinks.com
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    oops ... not sure what happened - double post
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In addition to the above ones ....
    Curlmart

Unfortunately, Curlmart has gone with UPS for shipping now. It is a huge rip off. I sent them e-mails asking that they offer the option of using USPS, because the cost is astronomical from UPS. I never got a reply. I was disappointed, because up until then, I have been very impressed with Curlmart service.

For a $24 order, I had to pay $21 in shipping ... unfortunately that is about standard ... If you have to order, it is worth ordering a lot of products, because the shipping stays about the same. I expected to have to pay Customs ... you have to pay the sales tax and a bit more ... It shouldn't have been more than $12 ... When UPS delivered it, I owed over $30. I sent both UPS and Curlmart e-mails. UPS sent me a list of their costs and it was ridiculous. They charge for EVERYTHING. I'll never order from here again

OKAY ... END RANT :tongue3:

Here are some other ones I've ordered from .... Yes I am a total PJ

www.beautyofnewyork.com (you can get Shea Moisture from here. It arrives quickly - USPS)
    http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com/ (Excellent service and reasonable shipping rates - by USPS)
    http://www.goddess-within.com/ (I've only ordered from here once. It arrived really quickly, but it was from Purolator. I prefer USPS, just because it is easier to get if you miss delivery)
    www.curljunkie.com (comparable shipping by USPS, arrives very quickly compared to most companies, excellent service)
    http://www.afroveda.com/ (shipping is costly)
    http://www.goingohm.com/ (shipping is costly and it takes awhile)
    www.afrokinks.com (sells Ohm products and the shipping is less that Ohm. They ship USPS. It arrives fairly quickly and I've been happy with the customer service.)
    https://www.qhemetbiologics.com/index.php (shipping costs are really high and it takes FOREVER to get here)

www.honeyfig.com is a great online company. The service is second to none. You can buy Curls, Jessicurl, Mixed Chicks and Kinky Curly products there. You get the products quickly, pay Canadian shipping rates and Canadian dollar. The price is higher in Canadian. I asked about the huge difference - depending on the exchange rate, the products are cheaper when we order from a U.S. company. They said there are tariffs etc that have to be added to the cost of the item. By the time you pay the extra shipping charges and the exchange rate, it is still normally cheaper to order from them ... and you get it in half the time.

It averages about 2 weeks for online companies to the US to get it to my place.

The cost of shipping obviously depends on where it is coming from and where you live ... but $40 seems steep to me. Afroveda and Qhemet Biologics are really expensive. If I remember correctly, they ship 'flat rate' shipping. This is great if you're ordering a huge order, but not if you're ordering a few bottles. I tend to pay between $21 and $24.

The only time I really had a surprise when the items arrived was when UPS delivered from Curlmart. For the most part add 15% onto the total of the price and maybe a few dollars more ... but not the $37 that UPS charged :angry5:

Okay now that I've totally exposed the PJ that I am ... I'll end for now :angel7:

HTH
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file