ack! this dating at my age thing is getting me down!

rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
so, i've gone back to online dating to try to meet someone new...

why is it that all the guys my age look so OLD???

:laughing1:

and they range between too pushy and too boring.

while the young ways are WAY too pushy...

*sigh*

this isn't going to be easy any more.

maybe i should just become a nun...

:lol:
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Rou, they look so old because you look so young. :D
  • susieQ730susieQ730 Registered Users Posts: 97
    You're right men my age do look old...(I'm over 40 too, but closer to 40 than 50) :money:
    We take better care of ourselves and age much more gracefully, or at least I'd like to think so!
    CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
    3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
    CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
    Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
    VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
    fotki pw: hair
    event.png
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    awww, speckla...

hug001.gif
    My blog:

OH. MY. GOD!!!

this is the text of a guy's SECOND email to me, i kid you not:

i would tell you ...hmmm and show you! every day how beautiful i think you are!...take that....also you should know that i would find you physically very attractive....darling i would eat you all up! also to be honest i do have kind of a lipstick fetish...i would very much like to talk with you and get to know you....give me your msn if i could ask and we ll go from there...have a wonderful day and know i think you are very yummy ....kisses and hugs

i mean, come on... a "lipstick fetish" - does this mean my entire MAC collection is in danger????

this from a 45-year-old!!!

:shock:
    My blog:

• ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Rou,

That is scary. :goofy:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    maybe i should just become a nun...

I am an honorary nun:rolleyes:

Etymology of the word "nun" Derived from "non" as in none, as in zero sex.
    i would tell you ...hmmm and show you! every day how beautiful i think you are!...take that....also you should know that i would find you physically very attractive....darling i would eat you all up! also to be honest i do have kind of a lipstick fetish...i would very much like to talk with you and get to know you....give me your msn if i could ask and we ll go from there...have a wonderful day and know i think you are very yummy ....kisses and hugs

Could mean he likes to wear it. What kind of crazyness is this from a grown man? Does he know how he sounds?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    Online dating is CUH-RAZY. Altho I met my boyfriend of 4 years that way... had to wade thru ALOT of crap to get to him.

I was 42 when I joined.... and yes, the men they "send" us are O-L-D. And then there are the young guys that think we are gonna be their Mrs Robinson. And there are the pervs.... yeeeesh. And my mistake was always being to nice - never was good at saying No Thank You so it took time to shake the losers.

Advice: Always meet in public (duh). Make first dates short ones (better to leave wanting more then WAY LESS). Dont talk too much online or phone before you meet - creates a false sense of intimacy. Ask the hard questions up front (what are your deal breakers??). Dont assume pics and stats are current or even THEM!

Its a jungle out there....:boxing:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I would run from any man who mentions the word "fetish" to me in any way, shape, or form. Blick...I'm all skeeved out now...

Women do seem to age better in general, despite the stereotype to the contrary. If a man has money or power, though, it seems to make him look better/younger.

I've blind dated many times. In fact that's how I met my husband (through a newspaper ad, not online). You do have to date a lot of frogs to find a prince. Date a bunch, but don't waste much time on them if they aren't right for you. One-date-and-they're-gone was my motto for a while.
  • cara4curlscara4curls Registered Users Posts: 336 Curl Neophyte
    Can't offer direct advice because I've been married for 22 years, but I can say this - from what I hear, I would absolutely HATE to be out on the dating market again. Likely I just wouldn't bother, because at age 61, you can be sure that most men of my age would be looking at the 40-year-olds, no matter how well we more "mature" women put ourselves together. Plus, with one marriage under my belt, I've "been there, done that." A good friend of mine who is just a few years younger has been out on the dating market, and she hasn't had much luck herself. She was really circulating, going out on all kinds of dates and trying to keep an open mind too. I know there's the negative stereotype that women don't age as well as men, but not necessarily so. In fact there are many mature women now who HAVE taken care of themselves to one degree or another with diet and fitness, good skincare, haircoloring if they choose to, dressing with a reasonable amount of style, whereas many men seem to get away with having the paunch and no efforts to look good at ALL - meanwhile they think they're God's gift to women - LOL! However, some men outside of the gay population are starting to take care of themselves by fitness activities, watching their diets, good haircuts, even some good basic skincare, and making an effort to look sharp clothingwise one way or another as befits their own look. For one thing, I will be hugely glad to see the backwards baseball cap, deliberately bald heads(when I see these I think "wait until you're ACTUALLY bald, dude!"), flipflops and cargo shorts look go the way of the dinosaur, except for beach wear - LOL!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • susieQ730susieQ730 Registered Users Posts: 97
    cara4curls wrote: »
    Likely I just wouldn't bother, because at age 61, you can be sure that most men of my age would be looking at the 40-year-olds, no matter how well we more "mature" women put ourselves together.

whereas many men seem to get away with having the paunch and no efforts to look good at ALL - meanwhile they think they're God's gift to women - LOL!

Apparently men never change. Why do men think that way? I've been down this road more times than I want to admit. I have someone I've been dating exclusively, but know that at any given moment that he could disappear...taken over by young blood...LOL!
    Congrats on 22 years of marriage!
    CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
    3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
    CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
    Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
    VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
    fotki pw: hair
    event.png
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    rudee, i met my last boyfriend online and have been meeting people off the net for over 15 years.

i can't believe i'm still shocked at the way supposedly "mature" men act.

another one a few days ago had all these references to BDSM in his profile and i'm telling him he has the WRONG idea about me and he's going "i don't think so"....

it's insane...
    My blog:

• SunderellaSunderella Registered Users Posts: 89
    Hang in there girl. I met my hubby 7 years ago been married 5 yrs, he is a little younger by 8 years, I am 44 he is 36 now. The men my age for the most part were done living, I ride my own motorcycle and paint them as well, but I don't drink or party, so it was a challenge!

I went through alot of idiots before finally meeting him. He also went through some weirdos homself, so the guys don't have it easy either. Some of the stories he told me would make your hair curl uhh I mean go straight!
    2c/3a Fine Blonde/Silver
    ^^^LOL at the hair go straight!

actually, i really should let y'all see the pic that keeps causing this commotion - but please don't get upset because my hair is straight in it. i'm a lowly type 2a who has an easier time with straight hair than curly.

anyway, it's on Plenty of Fish and my screen name there is Divine Bovine. there's a long story behind that main profile pic - originally i used the one from my column here.

i need to get a new photo...
    My blog:

I tried searching plenty of fish, but nothing comes up.

I want to see! :toothy8:
    i don't know how to post a link...

:(
    My blog:

• rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    Sunderella wrote: »
    Hang in there girl. I met my hubby 7 years ago been married 5 yrs, he is a little younger by 8 years, I am 44 he is 36 now. The men my age for the most part were done living, I ride my own motorcycle and paint them as well, but I don't drink or party, so it was a challenge!

I went through alot of idiots before finally meeting him. He also went through some weirdos homself, so the guys don't have it easy either. Some of the stories he told me would make your hair curl uhh I mean go straight!
    Lol. My SO is younger then me by 3 years....
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Sunderella wrote: »

Lol. My SO is younger then me by 3 years....
    My D.H. is 6rs younger than me :shock: I met him when I was 29 thought we were just gonna have fun......
    11 yrs later we're a Happy little family :love3:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    rouquinne wrote: »
    i don't know how to post a link...

:(

Highlight it in the address bar, right click your mouse and copy (Ctrl-C) , you can then paste (Ctrl-V) it in your message.
    okay, here's hoping this works:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member554945.htm
    My blog:

Lovely photo! Perhaps the cleavage is drawing the weirdos...
    Rou, you're too hot. My eyeballs melted! wow.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Speckla wrote: »
    Rou, you're too hot. My eyeballs melted! wow.
    Nice!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    You have a very sexy, come hither look.

I was on match.com for a month & there were slim pickings for my age group. I said I was interested in men 50 to 60 & I would have men in their 70's contact me. I guess to them I would be arm candy. I'm just not desperate enough to date my Dad. Even the ones my age were pretty bad.

I'm looking for someone who looks like Pierce Brosnan. Being rich wouldn't hurt, either. :toothy7:I know, with these expectations I'll probably be single for the rest of my life.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    Wow, sexy pic, you look great!

But, I can see where BDSM guy may have been confused.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    What is BDSM?
    Windflower wrote: »
    What is BDSM?

short for bondage/domination/sadomasochism...

i really do need to get a new picture - something still glam but less... risqu é!

My blog:

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    What is BDSM?

i really do need to get a new picture - something still glam but less... risqu é!

Lol, believe me, it was a hot picture, but, having read the thread first, I did think to myself, "Well, she kinda does look like a sub there." I didn't even find it to be risque, but sexy in a sub way.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    What is BDSM?

The pic is pretty, but it's too black, too...goth. I can see why you're getting hits from BDSM/fetish guys.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Can't wait to see the new pic, rou!
    soon as i figure out a look for it, then i have to take it!

it could take a while, but i need to get a new one sooner or later; i don't know if i've mentioned this here, but i was asked to become a contributor to a Canadian design blog and write about southwestern Ontario home decor shops!

:D

they need a picture for it.
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file