Good book for makeup newbies?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Does anyone have any recs for people who are new to makeup (especially eye makeup) application?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bobbi Brown has a new book that just came out this month called:

Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone From Beginner to Pro
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • buffiebuffie Posts: 184Registered Users
    It depends on how new you are to makeup, but I love Kevyn Aucoin's books. He passed away a few years ago which is sad but he was one of the most talented makeup artists ever. His books are called Face Forward and Making Faces
    "How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?" - from a t-shirt my brother gave me years ago. I loved it!

Have discovered I cannot live without KCCC and plopping. Always knew that I was dependant on my diffuser.
    The person never wears makeup. I love KA! I thought about his books (I have one). But I was wondering if there were other good ones too. Thanks!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

I just got the BB book. I walked into Bloomies and there was her counter. Too easy...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• JariJari Posts: 67Registered Users
    I would check you tube... a little while back I was looking for some tips on making the smoky eye and found some excellent tutorials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] currrently using:
    Leave in: GVP Leave-In Treatment: Compare to Sebastian Potion 9 from Sallys
    Style: Smooth n shine curl activator gel for extra dry hair.
    Shampoo 1x every other week with Biolage Ultra Hydrating. Condition wash every two days with Sallys Shea moisture condition or Aussie Moist conditioner.
    Thanks...I was looking for a gift to give but youtube might help also.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file