Karen's Body Beautiful Ingredients Different?

curlyjeancurlyjean Posts: 72Registered Users
Hey all! I ordered the trial pack of hair care products from KBB a while back. I got everything in the Sultry Sandalwood fragrance. Well, I wasn't crazy about the scent, but I LOVED the products! One of my faves was the hair butter. Since I loved the products so much, I ordered full sizes of the hair milk, hair nectar and hair butter in the chamomile sage scent. (Love it!)

Now, here's the thing. On the KBB website, they list the ingredients of each product and here is the list for the hair butter: Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil & Vitamin E.
When I received my full sized products, I noticed that the hair butter had a different consistency than the sample size I had. The full size butter was not as hard, it looked and felt more whipped, but not as whipped and light as the hair cream. Anyway, I checked the ingredients and they are pretty different than the ingredients on the website. Here are the ingredients on my tub of hair butter: Shea butter, jojoba oil, aloe butter, olive oil, vegetable glycerine, Stevia, fragrance oil, chlorophyll, Black willow bark extract and vitamin E
So, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this? My container is also completely different than the one they show on their website. Can anyone tell me why there would be chlorophyll and stevia in the butter? Isn't Stevia a sweetener? hmmm, I'm just curious. I wonder why they didn't put cocoa butter and mango butter in my full size hair butter. Also, I'm not crazy about the addition of vegetable glycerin since I try to avoid this in the dry winter weather.

If anyone has had the same experience, feel free to chime in. I would be very interested.
3a/3b and fighting frizz!

Hair hates: Jessicurl RR and CC (FRIZZ!)

Hair loves: Anything Curl Junkie, KathyMack soap bars, KBB milk, nectar and hair mask, Giovanni Leave-In conditioner, CLU cloths, my heavenly silk pillowcase and my bone comb with wide and fine tooth ends.

Happiness comes and goes, but joy resides in the soul, always. It is the soul's natural state and our job, as human beings, is to reside there as well.

Comments

• starg2008starg2008 Posts: 219Registered Users
    curlyjean wrote: »
    Hey all! I ordered the trial pack of hair care products from KBB a while back. I got everything in the Sultry Sandalwood fragrance. Well, I wasn't crazy about the scent, but I LOVED the products! One of my faves was the hair butter. Since I loved the products so much, I ordered full sizes of the hair milk, hair nectar and hair butter in the chamomile sage scent. (Love it!)

Now, here's the thing. On the KBB website, they list the ingredients of each product and here is the list for the hair butter: Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil & Vitamin E.
    When I received my full sized products, I noticed that the hair butter had a different consistency than the sample size I had. The full size butter was not as hard, it looked and felt more whipped, but not as whipped and light as the hair cream. Anyway, I checked the ingredients and they are pretty different than the ingredients on the website. Here are the ingredients on my tub of hair butter: Shea butter, jojoba oil, aloe butter, olive oil, vegetable glycerine, Stevia, fragrance oil, chlorophyll, Black willow bark extract and vitamin E
    So, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this? My container is also completely different than the one they show on their website. Can anyone tell me why there would be chlorophyll and stevia in the butter? Isn't Stevia a sweetener? hmmm, I'm just curious. I wonder why they didn't put cocoa butter and mango butter in my full size hair butter. Also, I'm not crazy about the addition of vegetable glycerin since I try to avoid this in the dry winter weather.

If anyone has had the same experience, feel free to chime in. I would be very interested.

Wow when did you recieve your hair butter with the new ingredients? I ordered and recieved the butter about a month ago and mine has the old ingredients. Im glad i got two jars. I can't deal with the glycerin, i use the hair butter to scrunch out the crunch. Looks like a good reason for me to try jane carter n&s.

I checked the site and some of the new ingredients are in the baby butter. Maybe you can email them.
  • curlyjeancurlyjean Posts: 72Registered Users
    Hey Starg2008, thanks for your reply! I received my order a little less than 2 weeks ago. I'm going to email them and ask about this. It says Chamomile Sage Hair Butter on the container, but maybe they put the wrong product in there? I don't know, but I'm really not pleased if they have changed the formula. I hope not.
    3a/3b and fighting frizz!

Hair hates: Jessicurl RR and CC (FRIZZ!)

Hair loves: Anything Curl Junkie, KathyMack soap bars, KBB milk, nectar and hair mask, Giovanni Leave-In conditioner, CLU cloths, my heavenly silk pillowcase and my bone comb with wide and fine tooth ends.

Happiness comes and goes, but joy resides in the soul, always. It is the soul's natural state and our job, as human beings, is to reside there as well.
  • FNewmanFNewman Posts: 1Registered Users
    It hasn't changed. Sounds like they gave you the Body Butter instead of the Hair Butter. The Body Butter has that consistency and ingredients.
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    FNewman wrote: »
    It hasn't changed. Sounds like they gave you the Body Butter instead of the Hair Butter. The Body Butter has that consistency and ingredients.

Oh thank god. My hair loves the hair butter
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file