Finally found a routine that works

BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
It is like the sky parted and a beam of sun hit me.

After conditioner rinsing (I use a low poo or a shampoo bar 2X a week), I use a tiny bit of leave in and then product in my sopping wet hair. I LOVE this gel from Hoity Toity. Unfortunately, the site doesn't list the ingredients but it has aloe and flaxseed w/o cones. Really good stuff!). I then scrunch - very important step - and plop my hair while I'm getting dressed, about 10 minutes.

I take the T-shirt off my hair and I then bend over and gently scrunch my hair up with the palms of my hand. Then I flip over and pin it up. Let it air dry for about 30 minutes (air dry if I have time) then gently diffuse upside down. I'm getting some spirals in my hair and it is very exciting!
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi

Comments

• finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    :help: Can you fix that link? I'm on the road to PJ status and therefore need all the linkage I can handle. LOL.
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    Hi Finch,
    Done! The owner is very generous with samples and she always hooks up new potential customers. Just drop her an email. I also like her conditioner.

-Mohandas Gandhi
    BB wrote: »
    Hi Finch,
    Done! The owner is very generous with samples and she always hooks up new potential customers. Just drop her an email. I also like her conditioner.
    Thank you!! :) Do you, by any chance, know if they are CG friendly products?
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• baseballmamabaseballmama Posts: 33Registered Users
    Glad you found a routine that works for you. I have to say that I am loving this CG routine - its so much easier than what I was doing before and my hair looks so much better. The only problem I am having is finding products/routine that work for my 3 year-old daughter.
    Hi finch,
    The shampoo doesn't have SLS but it has that coconut derived sulfate. The conditioner is CG. Here are the gel ingredients. It looks safe to me (I'm modified CG):

distilled water, aloe leaf juice, sorbital, flaxseed, xantham gum, potassium sorbate, wheat protein, phenoxethenal, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, EDTA, horsetail extract, stinging nettles, lemon peel extract, shikakai nut extract, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid.

I apologize if I mangled any of the spellings but the print is really tiny.

-Mohandas Gandhi
    Thanks so much!! :)

• cynreycynrey Posts: 82Registered Users

After conditioner rinsing (I use a low poo or a shampoo bar 2X a week), I use a tiny bit of leave in and then product in my sopping wet hair. I LOVE this gel from Hoity Toity. Unfortunately, the site doesn't list the ingredients but it has aloe and flaxseed w/o cones. Really good stuff!). I then scrunch - very important step - and plop my hair while I'm getting dressed, about 10 minutes.

I take the T-shirt off my hair and I then bend over and gently scrunch my hair up with the palms of my hand. Then I flip over and pin it up. Let it air dry for about 30 minutes (air dry if I have time) then gently diffuse upside down. I'm getting some spirals in my hair and it is very exciting!

After reading your post I decieded to check out that gel- I ordered some and I absolutely LOVE it!! THank you!! It gives me spirals too. And you are right about the owner- she sent me a ton of samples. Her stuff is great!! Curlies that like the aloe/flax seed combo should check it out!! I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh me down at all. :blob2:
    2c-3a , fine
    Low poo: Kinky Curly Come Clean, Elucence
    Co wash- VO5 passion fruit smoothie
    Condish: Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm , CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    Leave in: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Beauticurls
    Stylers: KCCC, Re:Coil, RR, CJCC, Curls Rock
    Gel: Pantene Curls, BRHG
    DT: CJ Curl Rehab, Mop Top, Nuetrogena

Dry Climate
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hi Finch,

Thanks for sharing! I just called the owner (Jan) and realized she is in my area. She is a very sweet lady and I am going to head over there in the next couple of days. I am excited that she is here locally!

BB have you tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]? I was wondering if you had, how it compares to the aloe/flaxseed gel? I will be trying it out soon since she offered me samples. Thanks again!
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • jomar_hairjomar_hair Posts: 132Registered Users
    I find that if I don't plop, diffuse, or scrunch out the crunch my hair ends up crunchy when I use gel. Do you think I will still have to do that with this gel too to remove the crunch?
    cynrey wrote: »

After reading your post I decieded to check out that gel- I ordered some and I absolutely LOVE it!! THank you!! It gives me spirals too. And you are right about the owner- she sent me a ton of samples. Her stuff is great!! Curlies that like the aloe/flax seed combo should check it out!! I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh me down at all. :blob2:
    Check out my hair blog!
    http://curlgirljourney.blogspot.com/
  • cynreycynrey Posts: 82Registered Users
    Anytime I use gel I have to scrunch the crunch out. This gel is very easy to scrunch the crunch out- after I scrunch it leaves soft, well defined curls. I find it to be very light.
    2c-3a , fine
    Low poo: Kinky Curly Come Clean, Elucence
    Co wash- VO5 passion fruit smoothie
    Condish: Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm , CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    Leave in: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Beauticurls
    Stylers: KCCC, Re:Coil, RR, CJCC, Curls Rock
    Gel: Pantene Curls, BRHG
    DT: CJ Curl Rehab, Mop Top, Nuetrogena

Dry Climate
    YEA! I'm so happy the gel is working for others too. It leaves me slightly crunchy but nothing too bad.

cynrey, what hold did you get?

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My samples of both holds are on their way. (Just wanted to revive this thread--see if anyone else has been using it and liking it.) KathyMack recommended it to me. I hope I get good results too!
    Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
    Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
    Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
    Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
    Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
    Stylers:
    KCCC
    Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
    Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
    Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

• CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got mine and have tried both strengths of the gel. I like them both! It really is good stuff--and I love the way you can so easily distribute it. It's not at all sticky, more like a nice lotiony gel that you can spread easily.

It rinses out so easily too...

We LOVE Jan!
    Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
    Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
    Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
    Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
    Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
    Stylers:
    KCCC
    Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
    Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
    Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

• classytclassyt Posts: 12Registered Users
    question: did you ever use recoil? do you like the gel better? i am using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]curl keeper[/buylink] with recoil and like it but i still don't have perfect curls and it gets frizzy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file