Best body creme recipe ever

Well that is just my opinion. But since it is -2 F today, and I am just sitting around doing laundry, I thought I would share this.

I have horribly dry skin, for starters. I don't think that anyone with skin better than that would like this. This recipe is thick and protective, and will take awhile to 100% soak into your skin. But when it does, it will feel awesome. I don't mean to give too much info, but I shower every other day in the winter, and it keeps my skin comfortable for 2 days, and nothing works as well as this stuff. BUT it is not fast absorbing like commercial lotions.

The ingredients can be modified to whatever you like, so I am going to be very general here.

1/2 cup butter
1/2-3/4 cup oil (or 1/4 c each of 2 different oils you like)

1 cup distilled water
1/4 cup glycerin (opt--add a little extra water if not using)
1/4 cup aloe vera (liquid, not gel)

2 tbsp stearic acid flakes
1 tbsp emulsifying wax
1/2 tablespoon citric acid

Melt the oil-butter in the microwave, stir, and set aside.

In a saucepan, heat the distilled water until bubbling, and then let cool a bit. Add the glycerin and aloe vera. Grab a whisk, start stirring fast, and start heating the mixture up again while adding the stearic acid, wax, and citric acid. It will dissolve quickly, and might look a little bubbly on top. The second the mix dissolves, take the pan off the heat.

Get a big bowl, and put your oil-butter mix into it. Whisk in the water mixture. When both are combined, get a hand mixer and start mixing. Mix for about 1 minute, and then put the cream in the freezer. 5-8 minutes later, take the mixture out, and mix again. You will have to do this about 6 times in order to get a thick, airy consistency. When you get to a good consistency, pour into a jar, and put it in the frige for 1/2 hour to let it set. By the next day, it should be completely settled into a cream.

This stuff has no preservatives in it, so I would keep unused portions in the frige, unless you have a preservative mix or vit E/grapefruit seed extract.

You can get most of this stuff at a low price from Mountain Rose Herbs.
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee

Comments

• VV Posts: 68Registered Users
    What do you mean by butter? The kind you cook with?
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    Great idea! Winter dry skin is tough. I've been using a combo that I really like, so I'll share too. :toothy8:

1/2 cup aloe vera gel
    1/2 cup grapeseed oil
    1/4 cup vitamin E oil
    5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil blend (optional)

Simple, but extremely effective for dry skin. Make sure you put it in a container or bottle that you can shake well each time before you use it. You can put in olive oil too, but it will take longer to soak in.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• susieQ730susieQ730 Posts: 97Registered Users
    AprilnUtah wrote: »
    Great idea! Winter dry skin is tough. I've been using a combo that I really like, so I'll share too. :toothy8:

1/2 cup aloe vera gel
    1/2 cup grapeseed oil
    1/4 cup vitamin E oil

Simple, but extremely effective for dry skin. Make sure you put it in a container or bottle that you can shake well each time before you use it. You can put in olive oil too, but it will take longer to soak in.

Thanks so much for this simple recipe, made some up tonight. My very dry, cracked hands sucked it up and they feel wonderful. I suffer from eczema during the winter. I make up the following combo to moisturize and stop the itching. I think it works better than any prescription or cortisone cream...and better for you! Also works well if you get seborrheic dermatitis in you hairline, the flakes seem to disappear!:eye:

4 oz. aloe vera gel
    5-10 drops tea tree oil
    3-6 drops lavendar EO

Put in squeeze top bottle. Shake well before each use. Mixture will look cloudy after at EO's.
    CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
    3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
    CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
    Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
    VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
    fotki pw: hair
    event.png
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    V wrote: »
    What do you mean by butter? The kind you cook with?

Oh! I'm sorry. I meant a nut or fruit butter, like shea, mango, cocoa, avocado, whatever you have onhand or like.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    susieQ730 wrote: »
    AprilnUtah wrote: »

1/2 cup aloe vera gel
    1/2 cup grapeseed oil
    1/4 cup vitamin E oil

Thanks so much for this simple recipe, made some up tonight. My very dry, cracked hands sucked it up and they feel wonderful. I suffer from eczema during the winter. I make up the following combo to moisturize and stop the itching. I think it works better than any prescription or cortisone cream...and better for you! Also works well if you get seborrheic dermatitis in you hairline, the flakes seem to disappear!:eye:

4 oz. aloe vera gel
    5-10 drops tea tree oil
    3-6 drops lavendar EO

Put in squeeze top bottle. Shake well before each use. Mixture will look cloudy after at EO's.

Sounds great! Is tea tree oil safe for little ones? My 2 1/2 year old has eczema too. I've been using the combo I posted above on her twice a day for a week now and her skin is almost completely healed up.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    I think putting tea tree (as well as lavendar) on boys is the main concern. I remember reading these oils act like estrogen and can cause problems with boys. I avoid them with my son.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file