Burt's Bees Rocked My Curls!

notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
So on a spur I thought I would purchase some Burt's Bees today while at Walgreens. Impulse buys are usually a bad thing...yes...I know... However, I picked up a shampoo and conditioner to try and I totally LOVE it!

shampoo: http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=-75&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1

conditioner:http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=-74&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1

2 minute leave in treatment:http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=-68&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1

*on a side note the 2 minute leave in was purchased a few months ago and I didn't see much of a difference after using it the first time. I did see a lot of difference tonight.

1. The shampoo made my hair feel softer like the bottle said it would. The smell was mild and had a great lather. I have very thick hair so if it can handle that I'm happy. It helped take away the build up that I had and my scalp feels much better and my hair is shiny and healthy looking.

2. The conditioner was an added softening bonus for me and a great detangler. I left it in for a few minutes while I did other things in the shower. I also added the treatment to it. Did my shower comb through to get the tangles out and...voila! I had softer, more healthy hair.

Then the best part that made me the most excited was I didn't have to put any products in it after. I had great looking curls without any product and I only used my hair dryer with my big diffuser.

I'm definitely loving the first time results so far.
I hope it lasts.
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
Went Deva Care line beginning
September 23, 2009
Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

Comments

• krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    This sounds interesting to me but I'm wondering if you noticed a lot of volume with them ? I have enough volume already !!!!:toothy8:
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    Actually the volume that I did notice was good volume without the use of any products such as gel. I was very happy with the results. My hair looked and felt soft and natural not crunchy and over done.
    Ernest Hemingway

September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    krispy wrote: »
    This sounds interesting to me but I'm wondering if you noticed a lot of volume with them ? I have enough volume already !!!!:toothy8:
    I don't need volume EITHER so the Burts Bees I use is Grapefruit and Sugar Beet it cleans well and leaves a nice shine :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    Notegal, tell me more about the 2-minute deep conditioner. I've seen this at my local drugstore and thought about picking it up a couple of times. How much did you use? Is it thick and does it distribute well, or did you feel that you would need to use a lot if it were the only conditioner in your hair? Also, would it be possible to use as a leave-in, or do you feel that it would be too heavy for that?

TIA :toothy8:
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    Operacurls,
    Well for me because I have a ton of hair I probably use more than normal. It distributes well and actually I use it with the other conditioner (not sure if that's what you're supposed to do), it gives me an extra boost to get through the wretched tangels. I don't use it all of the time maybe once or twice a month cause I switch from the Burt's Bees leave in to another leave in.

It is not a heavy cream. In fact the regular condish consistency seems heavier than the treatment.
    I have never tried it as a total leave in because it only says to leave it in for 2 minutes, but you could maybe play with it if you wanted to. It's light enough and to be honest I don't completely rinse the condish out of my ends when I just do my condish routine.

They also have another one that is a pre-shampoo treatment that I would like to try. That may be something you will want to look into as well.

Good luck! :thumright:
    Ernest Hemingway

September 23, 2009

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file