Creamy Leave-in cond vs. liquid leave-in cond?

mamato2mamato2 Posts: 34Registered Users
I'm in search of a good leave-in conditioner. What is the difference in the benefits of a creamy leave-in versus a liquid leave in?

:angel11: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday you will have been all of these.
--George Washington Carver

Comments

• OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    mamato2 wrote: »
    I'm in search of a good leave-in conditioner. What is the difference in the benefits of a creamy leave-in versus a liquid leave in?

Hmm, the only liquid leave-ins I've ever tried are the ones in spray bottles. That said, I feel that creamy leave-ins that feel more like a traditional conditioner are more moisturizing and are easier to distribute. Liquid leave-ins are a pain for me because I have to spritz a lot before I feel that my hair has enough product on it. And then my hand is sore and I've used about a third of the bottle. Creamy leave-ins are also more versatile because they can be used in the shower as a rinse-out and a detangler.

I suppose if your hair is very fine and/or doesn't need much moisture to keep it healthy, a liquid would be the way to go. I dunno.
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Liquid leave-ins are usually more along the lines of detanglers. They provide slip for combing purposes but are ususally light on conditioning.

Creamy Leave-ins are detangling also but provide more conditioning and longer lasting moisture retention.

ETA: I use both. I love Biolage daily leave-in. Its a spray but I don't have a problems with sprays. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink] is middle of the road. Its a bit thicker but still light and provides excellent detangling. Thicker yet is Kiehl's leave-in. Very rich and moisturizing.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file