BINDI HERBAL HAIR WASH-another natural alternative...

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
So, during the Aziza sale I just had to try this stuff. I've been wanting to make my own Ayurvedic blend to cleanse with, but the thought of buying and storing more individual ingredients wasn't too appealing. This wash is simple, natural, good for your hair, very good for travel since it is a powder, and inexpensive.

Ingredients:Shikakai, Ritha, Neem, Triphala and Lavender

Directions: mix 1/2 tsp of the powder with about 5 spoons of hot water...use half on very wet hair to wash, leave on for a few seconds, rinse...then they say to apply the rest as a conditioner for the scalp and hair>rinse...

I was concerned because of the gritty feeling and the "rough", for lack of a better word, feel of my hair while I washed. But when I rinsed the first time, my hair felt very smooth. I used the balance as a conditioner, and my hair felt really nice-not quite silky, but well conditioned. I detangled with my Denman, and it wasn't bad at all. My hair seems to be light and soft-more volume-when I use this. And no ACV rinse needed, lol! So now I have something to add to my soap bar rotation. I know some people find shikakai drying, but this didn't dry my hair out at all. I do oil overnight before washing, so I'm sure that helps, but I don't think it's necessary for me...I know everybody has different results, but I thought I'd put this out there for those who may be interested in a natural, ready-made Ayurvedic product :).

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow this sounds nice :) I certainly don't need more VOLUME, I"m always trying to calm my hair down but this could be so nice for curlies with finer hair.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Wow this sounds nice :) I certainly don't need more VOLUME, I"m always trying to calm my hair down but this could be so nice for curlies with finer hair.

Like ME!! But I am trying to not buy more stuff....it must stop...the crazy buying of products. :sad2:
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    xcptnl wrote: »
    DEL2C wrote: »

Like ME!! But I am trying to not buy more stuff....it must stop...the crazy buying of products. :sad2:
    :laughing3:

DON'T do it! Until you finish at LEAST one Poo bar OR 1 bottle of shampoo. You can do it you're exceptional remember?
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the shakakai, neem, arithra and lemon peel. I made an infusion in the Fall and rinsed my hair with it having added it to conditioner. I just made more yesterday and was trying to think of ways to use it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
    I did not like it. My Hair was soft afterwards, but not well cleansed and gritty-feeling, the herbs were still on my hair. I use it as facewash in winter. It's not drying
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Zoyia wrote: »
    I did not like it. My Hair was soft afterwards, but not well cleansed and gritty-feeling, the herbs were still on my hair. I use it as facewash in winter. It's not drying
    I know I have to rinse really well, but I'm used to doing that with the soap bars. My hair feels very clean and healthy afterwards. It always amazes me how different everyone's hair reacts to things. Oh-I'm glad you mentioned about using it as a face wash because I was thinking about trying it. I do OCM, but I think this would make a fantastic exfollient to accompany that. Thanks for the idea :)!
  • ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
    Yes, it does a great job exfoliating my face
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So...I think I officially like the herbs even better than the bars, if that's possible. I wish I could find as many gels that work for me as cleansing products :D ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file