found out Sarah Palin's lip gloss!

alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
I know there has been interest in this, and makeup artist Amy Strozzi today finally released the info on Palin's lip gloss used during the campaign:

"Tip from the Trail: For a full day of wear, cover your (entire) lip with L’Oreal Automatic Lip Pencil in Nudes, soften with a brush or smudge it with your finger, and add a thin coat of Carmex. Top with a swipe of Chanel Glossimer in Giggle and you are good to go."

I hear the gloss may have been discontinued but is up for bid on eBay.
shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Palin is said to have tattooed lipliner.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What is Carmex? It sounds like a car wax.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What is Carmex? It sounds like a car wax.

It's just a brand name of a lip balm. It's got quite a following. I don't like it personally. I'm sure you could substitute any lip balm in that "recipe".

Carmex_Containers.jpg
  • emilyjemilyj Posts: 65Registered Users
    Oh man, I LOVE Carmex; it is the only thing that really keeps my lips from getting chapped in the winter. It is a sort of heavy-duty lip balm. I live in Wisconsin, and it gets crazy cold and dry in the winter. I've actually been meaning to pick some up.
    3a/b, with looser curls at the top and some little corkscrews at the ends.
    Semi-CG: No sulfates or 'cones; still unsure about proteins.
    HG's: AOHR and MOP-C for sure! Still searching for the perfect gel. :tongue5:
    Loving the Curl-Ease towel! :smurfin:

event.png
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Posts: 442Registered Users
    Palin is said to have tattooed lipliner.

ouch. Yeah I won't be doing that anytime soon!
    http://public.fotki.com/BrewCrewGrl/

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    emilyj wrote: »
    Oh man, I LOVE Carmex; it is the only thing that really keeps my lips from getting chapped in the winter. It is a sort of heavy-duty lip balm. I live in Wisconsin, and it gets crazy cold and dry in the winter. I've actually been meaning to pick some up.

Random gunao: Did you know Carmex is made in Wisconsin? It's made in Franklin, which is a suburb of Milwaukee.

Carmex is medicated and has a pretty strong scent; not for the faint of heart, but probably works well in Alaska as well as Wisconsin! ;)
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    being in Boston, I'm a Carmex girl as well.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • emilyjemilyj Posts: 65Registered Users
    Random gunao: Did you know Carmex is made in Wisconsin? It's made in Franklin, which is a suburb of Milwaukee.

Carmex is medicated and has a pretty strong scent; not for the faint of heart, but probably works well in Alaska as well as Wisconsin!

I did know that it was made in WI, that's probably partly why I like it. Buy local! :toothy8:

Apparently they make a strawberry scented one now, I saw it in Target last night, but I don't mind the smell so I just got the regular.

Yeah, when the wind chill is -25 like it is today, Chapstick just ain't gona cut it. :reindeer:
    3a/b, with looser curls at the top and some little corkscrews at the ends.
    Semi-CG: No sulfates or 'cones; still unsure about proteins.
    HG's: AOHR and MOP-C for sure! Still searching for the perfect gel. :tongue5:
    Loving the Curl-Ease towel! :smurfin:

event.png
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    emilyj wrote: »

Carmex is medicated and has a pretty strong scent; not for the faint of heart, but probably works well in Alaska as well as Wisconsin! ;)

I'd prefer Badger, which is all natural, if I could find it. I went back to Whole Foods where I found it originally & posted about it on another lip balm thread. There wasn't even a spot on the shelf for it! I've looked plenty of places since then & I've found not a single tube of any flavor/scent. :(

I've only been wanting to try the Creamy Cocoa because I can't find an all natural cocoa butter-only/mainly, unless I buy the $8 a tube Body Shop brand at a 30 miles-plus drive away. :cussing:

That Carmex stuff is wicked. It was much too strong in scent & made my lips hurt, probably from the menthol and/or camphor. They eventually started drying out.

Even Burt's Bees original became too strong with the high concentration of mint.

I had to go with Whole Foods mint, which is more like a vanilla-mint, if there's even vanilla in it. It's just lighter, not so strong, & creamy.
  • cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Isn't there a story about Carmex being really addicting, in that the more one applies it, the more one needs it, because it actually DRIES the lips out, or something? I've never used a lip balm myself, even in cold dry weather. Shea butter really helps though, hands down, or Aquaphor in the little tube.
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    cara4curls wrote: »
    Isn't there a story about Carmex being really addicting, in that the more one applies it, the more one needs it, because it actually DRIES the lips out, or something? I've never used a lip balm myself, even in cold dry weather. Shea butter really helps though, hands down, or Aquaphor in the little tube.

I thought that was about Chapstick. I try not to use Carmex cux of the petroleum but dang does it work and I only have to apply occasionally.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Neutrogena is my favorite. When I can't find it, I get Trader Joe's lip balm virtuoso.
    Minneapolis, MN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file