Mop Top Hair Products

GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I would love your feedback, questions and discussion of Mop Top Products.

Mop Top is free of silicone, sulfate, waxes, and alcohol. Mop Top products are one of the few that receives a rating of 5 curls for all but one of their products. The product that does not have a 5 rating has a 4 curl rating! It is a product worth trying.
:sunny:
I love the Deep Conditioner because it keeps my hair moisturized until the next shampoo, and it reduces the frizz. It is the first product to do so for my extremely dry, frizz-prone hair.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
 *This list is not exhaustive...
CoWash: various
DT: various
Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
Spritz/Sealant:not now
*experimenting and loving it!

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just ried the Deep Conditioner today and I agree with you. Its one of the best I've used.

I was leery about buying it becuase I didn't have luck with the daily conditioner (not detangling enough)or the gel which didn't define my hair like I wanted.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • sophiemolsophiemol Posts: 101Registered Users
    I have the shampoo, daily conditioner and the deep treatment. I like the deep treatment and daily conditioner, but I find that the shampoo is very harsh on my hair. It also smells like mint, which for whatever reason reminds me of the lotion you use for a pedicure so it reminds me of feet. I would not recommend the shampoo.

The nice thing about the deep treatment is that you get a big tub of it and you really only need a nickle size amount. A little really does go a long way.
    3a & hates mag sulfates
    currently using:
    AOHR
    Mop Top Shampoo or Eulence 1x week
    KBB nectar leave-in with KCCC
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love the daily conditioner, it's great to leave in too.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • kira1413kira1413 Posts: 42Registered Users
    Are you talking about the MOP-C products as well? I have the curl defining cream and I love it. I was using it with my gel and got well defined, but slightly stiff curls. Today I used it by itself and my curls were very soft but still defined and very minimal frizz.
    I did like how well my curls shaped when using both gel and the cream, so I am going to experiment using less of each.
    Will try the deep c treatment as well. My local Ulta carries MOP-C which is great!
    3b, with more wave than curl at the top
    Currently loving:
    Deva Set It Free, No-Poo, and One Condish
    MOP-C Curl Defining Cream
    BedHead Manipulator or Deva Set Me Up! to finish it off.
    I LOVE ACV RINSES!
    Mop Top is one brand.

MOP (modern organic products) is another brand entirely.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 178Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Loved the shampoo and conditioner for the summer. However, I've switched to a heavier conditioner for the winter.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • kira1413kira1413 Posts: 42Registered Users
    Oh. Well. Sorry for the mistake.
    3b, with more wave than curl at the top
    Currently loving:
    Deva Set It Free, No-Poo, and One Condish
    MOP-C Curl Defining Cream
    BedHead Manipulator or Deva Set Me Up! to finish it off.
    I LOVE ACV RINSES!
    I pulled out the gel again today because we had a moderately warm day (50's). It did a great job today. Nice shine and definition. In warmer weather though this isn't going to be enough hold.

SL APL BSL MBL
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The only product in this line that I always go back to is the gel. My hair didn't respond well to either of the conditioners. I used to use the pommade, but I think they changed the ingredients and added mineral oil.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file