Caden vs Lynx

curlywavybeautycurlywavybeauty Posts: 223Registered Users
Which boy name do you like better?
I know Caden is really trendy right now, and Lynx is pretty rare I think, it's said like link.

Caden means spirit of the battle or some form of that.
Lynx is a wild cat, but it is a family name modified into something I could deal with lol

For a girl which name do you like for a middle name better?
Tansley-a family name
Esmee-esteemed, is pronunced how it looks.
African American-to be more specific, Black Native american, White and Creole.
3b,c and 4a hair

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm confused. Don't you have another name thread going already? :scratch:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Which boy name do you like better?
    I know Caden is really trendy right now, and Lynx is pretty rare I think, it's said like link.

Caden means spirit of the battle or some form of that.
    Lynx is a wild cat, but it is a family name modified into something I could deal with lol

Tansley-a family name

Lynx is always going to be pronounced as Links not Link, no matter how hard you try to correct people. Caden sounds like a girl's name to me.

I kinda like Esmee, depending on what the first name is going with it.
  • KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lynx is going to get pronounced 'links' because well, that's how you pronounce lynx. Caden is ok, but I'm not a fan of it either.

For the girl name, Tansley is ok, but once again, I don't really like either.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I like Esme, but only spelled "Esme" and pronounced sort of like Esmay. I don't like the "ess-mee" pronunciation (if that's what you were going for).

I really don't like any of your others names. I'd be especially sad if my name were Lynx.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • CGNYCCGNYC Curl Connoisseur Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think I could live with Lynx, Tansley, or Esmee. They sound like comic book names.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users

Tansley-a family name

Is this this name or is it Esmee? Is it a two part name?

I agree with Velvet Paws about the Esme.

Also agree about Lynx. Why not just spell it Link? Or Linc?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Lynx - no one would say Link. I don't like Lynx or Link for a child's name. I don't like Caden at all either. I think that one is super-trendy right now. Tansley to me sounds like a last name - is it a family last name or family first name? If it's a really important family tradition as a first name, I'd use it as a middle name, otherwise I don't think it's pretty enough for a girl.. Esme, spelt Esmee, is fine - that would be the French spelling for a girls' name, if there was an accent aigu on the first e. just my opinion of course, but you asked!

Are you pregnant or planning to be soon? If not, you're sure giving this a lot of thought early on!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Sorry, I don't like any of these. They all sound made up. And "lynx" is pronounced links, not link.

Esme is nice but I don't like Esmee.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Not a fan of either of the boy names.

I'm confused with the girl names. Is it Esmee or Esmee-esteemed? Esmee is alright. Esmee-esteemed...I don't like that at all.

Back to the drawing board! :)
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Not a fan of either of the boy names.

I'm confused with the girl names. Is it Esmee or Esmee-esteemed? Esmee is alright. Esmee-esteemed...I don't like that at all.

Back to the drawing board! :)

I think she meant that esteemed is the meaning of the name.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i have to chime in with everything everyone else has said - caden is so/so and pretty trendy, lynx is just a no, to me.

tansley could be interesting but i don't love it. i like esme pronounced as above.

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• KitathenaKitathena Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I work with newborns so I get to sample all the trendy names.

Cayden, brayden, aiden, jaden are all very popular right now, so if that's a factor then you might want to consider.

Lynx is interesting, but I don't like it for a baby

Tansley is nice, especially if it's a family name...I'm big into family names.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I like Esme or Esmee. I would prefer it pronounced Ess-may. But I'm ok with Esmee like Aimee (another Anglicized French name).

I like Linc as a short-form for Lincoln. Not Lynx. I don't know why that spelling would be pronounced Link.

I'm not into the lastname-as-a-firstname thing personally, but if Tansley is a special name to you, then ok.

Caden is popular, but my feeling is that names get popular for a reason. Its a nice name. I know a couple of sweet little boys named Caden.
  • curlywavybeautycurlywavybeauty Posts: 223Registered Users
    Thanks for all the imput.
    Tansley is a family name, Esmee would be said like es-mee, I'm not big on accents above the name...but I could look into it.

I was in love with Caden, but the more trendy it gets it seems to cloud it too much.
    I like lynx pronunced like links(I know I said like link at first) I would spell it like that because my fiance has a very big native american background so the animalistic spelling I like, and the sound of the name is taken off a family name...so I might stick with lynx...but it wouldnt be a first name, none of the ones I listed would be.
    African American-to be more specific, Black Native american, White and Creole.
    3b,c and 4a hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file