Flower Moon Castile Soap

rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
For those of you who are interested:

I finally got around to trying the Castile Soap I ordered when I got my DW. I believe it was the Chocolate something.

Anyway. It definitely doesnt lather like the DW does, much less. It rinsed a bit as though it left behind a bit. I followed it with Tigi MM rinsed out. Then did my winter routine. My hair is VERY ringlet-y, for those of you who are looking for that. Not as shiny or bouncy as with DW or my other fave soap bar (Pangea); but it looks very uniform and defined.

Just so ya know....:salut:
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Huh... interesting.

Out of curiousity, have you tried Kathymack's soaps? Any idea how it would compare?
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    MimsTX wrote: »
    Huh... interesting.

Out of curiousity, have you tried Kathymack's soaps? Any idea how it would compare?
    No, actually, I havent. Sorry.:)
    My Photobucket Album
    crap... lol

now I want to try these too! Bah. Looks like they aren't available on the site at the moment though, so maybe it's for the best :P
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    crap... lol

now I want to try these too! Bah. Looks like they aren't available on the site at the moment though, so maybe it's for the best :P
    I noticed that the other day.. I wanted to find out info re the Castiles and I noticed they werent coming up. Lemme know if you get desparate - I will send you a sliver of mine.
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read on another thread that their website can't handle all the curly traffic lately :laughing7: I think we kinda figured that out. Anyway, this gal called and placed her order on the phone instead. :thumbright: So Mims, since you are wanting to try the Castile soaps just give them a call but you may be waiting a long time.......

Oh and IMO the FM Castille aren't as HEAVY as kathymac's soap bars so bear that in mind if you need tons of moisture this may not be a go for you.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    I read on another thread that their website can't handle all the curly traffic lately :laughing7: I think we kinda figured that out. Anyway, this gal called and placed her order on the phone instead. :thumbright: So Mims, since you are wanting to try the Castile soaps just give them a call but you may be waiting a long time.......

*snort* I really don't NEEEEEEEEEEED them though...

I still have a whole bar and a half of Kathymack's, since I'm only using them every now and then.

I can probably wait until they get caught up. Probably. lol
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I finally received my Flower Moon order yesterday and they included not only the couple of soaps I ordered but a bunch of others.....I was thinking that I'll never be able to use them all up. Now I can't wait to try my chocolate almond one tomorrow.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
    memes wrote: »
    I finally received my Flower Moon order yesterday and they included not only the couple of soaps I ordered but a bunch of others.....I was thinking that I'll never ba ble to use them all up. Now I can't wait to try my chocolate almond one tomorrow.

M
    Chocolate Almond - thats the one I have! Tons of spiraly curls. Even my 13 year old son who is OBLIVIOUS said "yer hair looks curlier" I almost fainted.
    My Photobucket Album
    DEL2C wrote: »

Oh and IMO the FM Castille aren't as HEAVY as kathymac's soap bars so bear that in mind if you need tons of moisture this may not be a go for you.

i actually dont need much moisture at all, so these might be the way to go...
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Love the Cleopatra's Blend and Choco Vanilla...for me they're great for daily use, more so than the DW which is a wonderful clarifying thing for my hair...I know the service isn't great right now, but the products are wonderful, IMHO...I tried samples of KM's bars-like them lots, but would repurchase these before those...
    I gotta tell ya, I have never had such rignlets as I got with this soap! Day 2 and going strong. Not big boingy curls, ringlets - Like the after pic of the readheaded girl in the Hair Rules sidebar ad. .:happy4:
    My Photobucket Album
    rudeechick wrote: »
    I gotta tell ya, I have never had such rignlets as I got with this soap! Day 2 and going strong. Not big boingy curls, ringlets - Like the after pic of the readheaded girl in the Hair Rules sidebar ad. .:happy4:

bah... my hair kinda does that NOW so I'm wondering how it would look AFTER using them >.<

curse you Rudee... curse you. lol

bah... my hair kinda does that NOW so I'm wondering how it would look AFTER using them >.<

curse you Rudee... curse you. lol
    lol. I gotta tell ya, its not the look I generally go for... I like a flowy, bouncy waves kinda curl.... But its good to know how to get my hair to do this when I want it to!
    My Photobucket Album
    what makes me laugh is that on the Hair Rules site, they call THAT wavy! lol
    what makes me laugh is that on the Hair Rules site, they call THAT wavy! lol
    For real? I call that electrical storm when I look like that!;)
    My Photobucket Album
    So I tried the chocolate almond bar yesterday and while I liked it, my hair didn't look much different than usual. I used the lemon verbena bar today and my hair is seriously curly with major shrinkage....

I can routinely get second day hair with the DW and I'm hoping the same will be true for their bars.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
    memes wrote: »
    So I tried the chocolate almond bar yesterday and while I liked it, my hair didn't look much different than usual. I used the lemon verbena bar today and my hair is seriously curly with major shrinkage....

I can routinely get second day hair with the DW and I'm hoping the same will be true for their bars.

M

What type hair do you have, memes?
    MimsTX...I've got short, fine but quite thick, mostly 3a hair. My top canopy is more wavy while the rest of my hair is very curly with pretty good volume normally. I don't need a lot of moisture and tend to use only 1 or 2 styling products at any one time.

M

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She's LYING :p

I want PICS to back up these outlandish claims!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file