Shealoe Recipes???

I recently tried to make some for my body with 60% shea 40% lote aloe and a spoon of vitamin e....i think my problem was microwaving the shea...but it also separates some....if anyone has had luck please share ur recipes...i wanted to make some as gifts once i get it perfect but i also need some good preservatives...
:afro:
Hair Type: 3b-c/m/i
HGs:KCKT KCCC
Using:cowash VO5, TJ Nurish, orGVP PM Detandler condish/l.i. KCKT, stylers EcoStyler or ORS L&T, SheaButter Coconut Oil or EVOO seal, DT amla or brahmi powder ,DC AOHR, Henna, Multi+Biotin+FishOil+Probiotic
Want 2 Try: Qhem Curls
formerly KinkzNCurlz

Comments

• dimples12553dimples12553 Posts: 69Registered Users
    You are on the right track, but you should have added into your mix some lecithin. It helps to keep the mixture from separating.

On the preservative front, there are several essential oils that you can use. I use tea tree in everything, however it also has that smell that some people will not be able to tolerate. The same goes for rosemary. Depending on the purpose for the mixture, you may be able to get away with the smell. You can also use something like pure vitamine E. In my opion this one may be the best one if you do not want to have the added scent factor.

These are just a few of the natural perservatives, however there are many more. Here is a small listing of some of the EO that can be used as a preservative.

http://www.allnaturalbeauty.us/allnaturali.htm
    Dimples12553:afro:
    • Type: 4B, feels more like a 4C
    • Last Relaxer: 6/2001
    • Moisturizer: Raw unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil cream
    • Daily Spritz: recipe of Aloe Vera Gel, water & glycerine with some peppermint essential oil for a little tingle
    • Remember HAPPY hair is HEALTHY Hair. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file