Mixed Chicks

lovemycurlzlovemycurlz Posts: 330Registered Users
I have been using this line for about 2 weeks now and I just can't believe how great my hair has been! Now I know that it has th evil a-cone in their deep condish and leave in but the results are fabulous on my hair. I have had nothing but soft, shiny, curly hair every single time I use the stuff AND the best part of it all is that I always and I do mean always get 2nd or third day hair.
I use the leave in like they rec. on their web site...put it on really wet hair in sectins---twist my hair to remove the excess moisture and blot dry. With that I have unbelievable hair. No frizz or fly away. I love only having to use 2 or 3 products in my hair to achieve good results. Even though there are cones present I am going to say that this is my HG finally.
So if there are any CG's out there that don't mind a -cone try this stuff. It really is a nice line at least for my non-biracial 2c/3a coarse, frizz prone hair that only needs a whisper of humidity to puff out and dry out my fragile locks.:colors:
Coarse--M. Porosity--Frizz Prone--3/3b hair. HATES: Glycerin , Mineral Oil,various proteins,silicones.

Wash: L'oreal Ever Pure for color treated hair
Condish : Terax Crema (simply the best)
Leave-In: KCKT
Prep: ? Looking for the HG
Curl Enhancer: Alterna Hemp Straightening Balm
Stylers: PM Foam
Love: ACV rinses and baking soda washes. :flower:

Comments

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    funny girl, my hair is drying with this in right now!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    I didn't like the product. It made my hair too hard :/
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LOL! My hair type is 4a/3c and I love the Deep Conditioner and the Leave-in. Good cones are great for my hair as well. I just use a gentle clarifying shampoo every other shampoo to remove the buildup.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • FallOutCurlFallOutCurl Posts: 339Registered Users Curl Novice
    This stuff works wonders on my hair 4a/3c...I must admit whren I first used this stuff it left me with dry and flaky fuzz. A year later I revisited and wow, ita these products are my HG.

• lovemycurlzlovemycurlz Posts: 330Registered Users
    What gentle clairifying shampoo do you use? I have been using Elucence or the Mixed Chicks brand. I just love this line and I am so glad to see that there are others out there that are not afraid to use it either inspite of the cones!!
    Coarse--M. Porosity--Frizz Prone--3/3b hair. HATES: Glycerin , Mineral Oil,various proteins,silicones.

• Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    Their products worked amazingly in my hair too, however I had to be careful, after a few weeks without clarifying, it began to rapidly suck the moisture out of my hair. Now that its winter, I'm hesitant to use it... anyway, I always had the best results when combining mixed chicks with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]... (during the humid summer at least)
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
    http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
    pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lovemycurlz,

I use NEXXUS Aloe Rid Gentle Clarifying Shampoo. I think it's being discontinued, but you can get it from Texas Beauty Supply.com. Mop Top also has a gentle clarifying shampoo.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • lovemycurlzlovemycurlz Posts: 330Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    lovemycurlz,

I use NEXXUS Aloe Rid Gentle Clarifying Shampoo. I think it's being discontinued, but you can get it from Texas Beauty Supply.com. Mop Top also has a gentle clarifying shampoo.
    Greatcurls
    Thanks so much for the rec's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file