Quit Smoking-Time To Get In Shape!

deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
It's been almost two weeks since I quit smoking. Now that the daily cravings are subsiding it's time for me to get back in shape. I've got about 50 pounds to lose but I'm really motivated.

I used to be really heavy and when I started smoking, I lost the weight. Then I gained it back a few years later and now I'm overweight, out of shape, and a (non)smoker. It's going to be really hard because of the years of smoking but it's time for me to be healthy.

I was a dancer (hence the smoking!) and I want to pursue my MFA in dance. It's going to be hard because I'm 24, technically over the hill in the dance world but I don't care. So my goal is to lose the weight and then start auditioning for programs.

I'm posting this because I would love any support I can get. Feedback, criticism, suggestions, whatever...

I will be updating as I make progress. TIA for any comments!

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I just wanted to say congrats on quitting the cancer stick!
    You definitely can succeed in all you do :)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
    YAY! Good job on quitting - it is definitely one of the best things you can do for yourself.
    That is a HUGE step in the right direction! :occasion7:
    Type: 3b with a little 3a f/m mix, ii

A "Mrs." as of June 26, 2010 :love3:
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    A little late - but YAY for quitting smoking!!!
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good for you, S.G. I just fell off the wagon but will climb back on tomorrow. Take it easy on yourself, but know that you can do it.

People succeed at this every day, and you will be one of them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file