HESMU Gel

deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
I've never really had much trouble with frizz. Every once in a while I'd get a patch here or there. That being said, since I switched from HETT mousse to the Set Me Up gel, I've had the worst hair days ever. All over frizz, stringy curls, and weird curl pattern. It's horrible. I've used half the bottle and the rest is going in the trash.

Does anyone have a gel or gel-substitute recommendation? I'm using LOOB for clumping, I really just need something for control and curl enhancing.

TIA!

Comments

• mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    Weird! I am having decent (not AMAZING, but decent) luck with HESMU. I hear good things about L'Oreal's Melting Gel from my roommate, though, that it is lightweight but still has hold.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    The HESMU is my HG right now... so different strokes for different folks. Beware the LOOB - very drying for some curlies (myself included).

Have you tried the Biotera gel? Or the BRHG? And people seem to love the Melting Gel.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use the TT mousse and SMU gel together and get amazing results.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • aneffigyaneffigy Posts: 93Registered Users
    Yep, SMU is quickly becoming one of my HGs. After searching for eons, I finally found BE yesterday and used it last night for the first time. Curls were a little looser but still just as frizz free and defined as I get with SMU. I'll alternate them.

TT's hold was way too light for me. I've tried the Biotera gel, as well, and didn't love it.
    3A
    Modified CG since 11/14/08!
    Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
    DT: Jessicurl WDT
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
    Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Hm... that sounds like what LOOB did to me.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I had the same experience with SMU. My hair looked horrible, worse than if I'd had nothing in it. I guess there must be an ingredient in it that just doesn't agree with my hair.

If you're looking for a gel with a really strong hold, I recommend trying BRHG.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file