More and more

susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
Obama wants to move into Blair House 2 weeks ahead of time to facilitate the transition team. Is his transition team so very monumental that he needs an extra 2 weeks? Majority of his cabinet has been to Washington before so it's not like there is a steep learning curve. Geez. Fortunately, Blair House turned down the request. Can they not find a hotel room in order for a couple of weeks for his family and they can't find an office?

An Obama rejection ...
President-elect Barack Obama just got nixed!
Sneed hears the White House has rejected a recent request by Obama to occupy Blair House, the president-elect's Washington residence, at an earlier date.
• • To wit: Sneed hears Obama wanted to move his family and his transition team to Blair House, which is across from the White House, nearly two weeks before the president-elect historically moves there on Jan. 15 -- five days before the inaugural.
• • The backshot: A source tells Sneed: "There were reportedly two reasons for the request: Obama's children start school in early January -- and the move could be interpreted as a New Year's symbolic gesture showing the president-elect in a presidential capacity across from the White House on Jan. 2, the day after New Year's Day."
• • The buckshot: Blair House, the president's guest house for visiting dignitaries, nixed the request. "It was a polite rejection," the source added. "But I'm told Blair House was appalled."

• • Responses: An Obama spokesman tells Sneed they were told Blair House had guests until Jan. 15. ... Sally McDonough,Laura Bush, a spokesman for first lady tells Sneed: "Respectfully, we are keeping transition conversations quiet. But Jan. 15 is historically the time when incoming presidents occupy Blair House, which is the president's guest house."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/1325772,CST-NWS-SNEED11.article
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    susancnw wrote: »
    Obama wants to move into Blair House 2 weeks ahead of time to facilitate the transition team. Is his transition team so very monumental that he needs an extra 2 weeks? Majority of his cabinet has been to Washington before so it's not like there is a steep learning curve. Geez. Fortunately, Blair House turned down the request. Can they not find a hotel room in order for a couple of weeks for his family and they can't find an office?

An Obama rejection ...
    President-elect Barack Obama just got nixed!
    Sneed hears the White House has rejected a recent request by Obama to occupy Blair House, the president-elect's Washington residence, at an earlier date.
    • • To wit: Sneed hears Obama wanted to move his family and his transition team to Blair House, which is across from the White House, nearly two weeks before the president-elect historically moves there on Jan. 15 -- five days before the inaugural.
    • • The backshot: A source tells Sneed: "There were reportedly two reasons for the request: Obama's children start school in early January -- and the move could be interpreted as a New Year's symbolic gesture showing the president-elect in a presidential capacity across from the White House on Jan. 2, the day after New Year's Day."
    • • The buckshot: Blair House, the president's guest house for visiting dignitaries, nixed the request. "It was a polite rejection," the source added. "But I'm told Blair House was appalled."

• • Responses: An Obama spokesman tells Sneed they were told Blair House had guests until Jan. 15. ... Sally McDonough,Laura Bush, a spokesman for first lady tells Sneed: "Respectfully, we are keeping transition conversations quiet. But Jan. 15 is historically the time when incoming presidents occupy Blair House, which is the president's guest house."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/1325772,CST-NWS-SNEED11.article

He just asked b/c of his kids school. They said no. Big deal.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The very last line is imperative.

please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    The very last line is imperative.

please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg

:laughing6::laughing6::laughing6:
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
    Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file