My kid

PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
...kept me up most of the night and then woke up TWO HOURS earlier than normal today. He's in a great mood, and I've had two cups of coffee.

That is all.
Faith, 3Aish redhead
Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Aw sorry!

If it makes you feel any better, mine got me sick. While his snotty-nosed self is running around wrecking my house, all I've been able to do all week is watch him from the couch scowling at the damage. His cough and congestion are much worse than mine, but he's in a great mood while I'm laying around trying not to die. Go figure. :roll:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Kaia wrote: »
    Aw sorry!

If it makes you feel any better, mine got me sick. While his snotty-nosed self is running around wrecking my house, all I've been able to do all week is watch him from the couch scowling at the damage. His cough and congestion are much worse than mine, but he's in a great mood while I'm laying around trying not to die. Go figure. :roll:

Sol got me (and my husband!) sick a few weeks ago. There's been a stomach bug going around our town, and Sol got it first and was in pretty good spirits throughout it. Then my husband got it for like 12 hours, then I got it and was hit the hardest. I got seriously dehydrated and lost like 5 lb in one night... and I'm pretty small to begin with so 5 lb is a lot for me.

I hope you feel better soon!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I'm sorry Pixie (and Kaia). Those nights are so hard! They make me fantasize about getting a hotel room so I can sleep undisturbed, take a long bath, and sleep in. Hopefully, Sol will take a long nap and will have a better night.

And Kaia? One word for you: Zicam. :love7:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Pixie,

I'm sorry. It's amazing how they can do that. My 11 month old, who actually sleeps well, when compared to her sisters was up crying a lot last night. Now she got up at 7 just fine, walking around everywhere and I feel like this: :shock: :goofy: :tongue3:

Will you be able to take a nap with him later? Uhh, does he nap?
    Feel better.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Ugh. Those nights are the worst. Thank goodness for coffee!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LoloDSM wrote: »

I had to google that. Do you think it's safe during pregnancy?
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    I'm sorry Pixie (and Kaia). Those nights are so hard! They make me fantasize about getting a hotel room so I can sleep undisturbed, take a long bath, and sleep in. Hopefully, Sol will take a long nap and will have a better night.

I missed that the first time through : YES, YES, YES, YES!!
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    PixieCurl wrote: »
    ...kept me up most of the night and then woke up TWO HOURS earlier than normal today. He's in a great mood, and I've had two cups of coffee.

That is all.

This reminds me of liam earlier this week.. around 4:30am I hear from the crib (He's still in our room)

Liam: "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.. I want a snack I'm hungry!!" now he's jumping up and down in the crib like its a normal day!

I get up give him back his pacifier and try laying him back down.. Me: Liam honey, its too early for a snack go back to sleep sweetie!"

He does

15 minutes later

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.. snack now mommy!

I get up with him and give him some milk in a sippy and some cheerios to snack on.. he finished went back to sleep

its now a bit pass 5am and I crawl back into bed just to have to wake up 1 hour later for work! UGH!!

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    deedles wrote: »
    ...I get up with him and give him some milk in a sippy and some cheerios to snack on.. he finished went back to sleep
    ~d

I keep cheerios on the night stand in small containers just for that reason. Too early for milk in my house
    mama too lazy to get up before 6:30-7

so that's why there is water there too.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hate those nights. How is it that they are so chipper in the morning? Youth is wasted on the young!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Thank goodness he still naps, and thank goodness I'm able to nap with him. Although, usually by mid-day I've had my coffee and feel okay, and would rather spend his naptimes doing something else (either selfish or productive).
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Kaia wrote: »

I had to google that. Do you think it's safe during pregnancy?

Oh, I forgot that you're pregnant. I don't know if it's safe. Check with your OB?
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Pixie, add on a husband who snored like a freakin' freight train and you have our house last night and this morning.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    FieryCurls wrote: »
    add on a husband who snored like a freakin' freight train

You must be married to my hubby !!! IT's AWFUL! I put in a cotton ball in the ear closest to him to try to block out the noise!! :tongue10:

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We had many, many nights like that when my son was a baby. We still have an occasional one like that at least once every couple of months and he's 3. I swear my son is THE worst sleeper on earth. At least your little guy is in a good mood, mine is the biggest crab ever the day after a night like that. Makes it just a barrel of fun! :p
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users

You must be married to my hubby !!! IT's AWFUL! I put in a cotton ball in the ear closest to him to try to block out the noise!! :tongue10:

~d

He typically snores a little, but last night was just bad. I actually made a video of it on my phone so that he can listen to it when he starts to claim that he doesn't snore.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice

~d

Apparently that man gets around because I swear he was in my bed last night...LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    nynaeve77 wrote: »

~d

Apparently that man gets around because I swear he was in my bed last night...LOL

He was here last night...

That's why I have my little escape cave to hibernate in (guestroom)! Decorated in lilac and sage just for lil' ol' me. :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file