Apple Pectin Shampoo..

I dont know the link but while wandering about online trying to find homemade shampoos and conditioners that I could make at home for pennies I found a woman who made homemade apple pectin shampoo with a bar of graded Ivory soap. It was easy to make and doesnt cost near to nothing to do myself. Ive yet to make it but you might be able to find her web site under the name I found it .."Pioneer Living"...if you find it let me know what your thoughts are on it. Id love to know if anyone has tried it..I going to next week.

Comments

• vampirecurlsvampirecurls Posts: 50Registered Users
    To find this woman who makes the homemade shampoo you'll need to go to youtube.com and type in "How to make shampoo" and you will see her video clip showing you step by step how to make this wonderfull stuff....good luck!
  • curlymaybecurlymaybe Posts: 354Registered Users
    This may or may not matter to you, but Ivory soap is made out of animal fat:
    Ingredients:
    Sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, water, sodium chloride, sodium silicate, magnesium sulfate, and fragrance.
    Hair loves: aloe vera juice, cocoa butter, camellia oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Never forget, justice is what love looks like in public." ~ Cornel West
  • vampirecurlsvampirecurls Posts: 50Registered Users
    I attempted to go poo free now for about a week. I tried homemade soaps and all sorts of combonations of stuff. But what I discovered is that going poo free for me is not what works I guess. I have fine thin 2b curls that were a mass of greasey flim covered dry looking hair. If I touched it or tried to toss a strand or two in another direction it stood literally on end. I was embarassed to be seen and I work in the professional field so attention to hyigene is critical. I tried to rinse it with ACV but found it only seemed to feel gummy. I was beyond listening at that point and reached for a bottle of tea tree shampoo. I have let go of the idea of going poo-less...for some this may very well be the wave of the future but for me I need something that cleans the hair and gives me that springy spiral curl thats soft to the touch and I can actually do just that..touch it. Without it standing on end and looking like a greasey mass or clump of hair. My hair actually moved as one mass like a wig when I finally decided it was time to reach for the shampoo..it was awful to behold. So I wish those who do go poo free the best.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file