Hair colors for brown skin

CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
I'm bored with red highlights (biiig shocker there), but I have no idea what colors would look good with my complexion. I'm pakistani, so I can't exactly pull off blonde, but I want a change. Any advice?
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif

Comments

• Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    If you don't mind an unnatural color you could put in streaks of blue, or maybe dark purple if you want something a little more subtle. They could be thick or skinny streaks, also depending on how obvious or subtle you want them to be. I think it would probably be really pretty with (I assume?) black hair and brown skin. (I'm thinking of Kelis and her turquoise hair, as pictured on the DyeHards page at the Manic Panic site.)
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    You could do blonde, but you'd have to be careful and have it done professionally.

What is the tradition haircare routine for Pakistani hair? Okay, that sounds incredibly stupid phrasing but forgive me, migraine meds. So many of the Pakistani women I see have the loveliest hair.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• cara4curlscara4curls Registered Users Posts: 336 Curl Neophyte
    I'm assuming you have naturally either very dark brown or black hair, correct? Anyhow, it seems that some beautiful deep bronzes, caramels, deep coppers, or auburn or even mahogany colors would be fabulous as highlights woven through the hair - this way it would give your natural hair some dimension and brilliance without lightening up and damaging the whole head of hair. Plus with brown skin, you want to keep some good depth of color going on. See a professional for this, and even better, one who is used to working with different skintones and hair types. Good luck, and I'm sure if done right, you will look beautiful!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • 9osZBehbi9osZBehbi Registered Users Posts: 93 Curl Neophyte
    But it's more like honey than blonde. This color really doesn't do anything for our skin.I'm loving Christina's color but I have 3c/4a/3b hair and idk about color and this hair type. Pics are BIG

Christina_Milian_flags.jpg
    christina-milian3.jpg
    Christina_Milian_umvd02.jpgbeyonce4.jpgtyra.jpgiman_300x400.jpg

I however want a reddish color like Iman in her book The Beauty of Color
  • IrinaIrina Registered Users Posts: 100
    I think a dark honey blonde would be great for your skin tone. Or maybe even a super golden light brown, which would look just as good as the first option.

Just keep in mind you would have to use bleach, and I'm assuming you naturally have dark hair!

Hope it works out and your hair dreams come true! ;)
    Been every color in the human hair spectrum! +HENNA
    CURRENTLY: BSL Light Golden Blonde (growing out bleach)

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

natural DTs are amazing:toothy4:

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file