Little Turtle Knits patterns? Update: showing off!

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I seem to remember someone here knitting a soaker using one of their patterns? Any feedback?

I'm considering buying the Picky Pants one. They look super cute!
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I made one of their hybrid rib soakers, which I liked. I have the picky pants pattern lying around, but never got around to it.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here are the pants I knitted!
    DSCN1606-vi.jpg

And in action:
    DSCN1611-vi.jpg

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Adorable Kaia, great job!! I so need to learn how to knit. A friend of mine in my AP group is knitting a wool soaker for Solomon now. She showed me the almost-finished-product a week or so ago and it is sooooo cute.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    Well, if it helps you get motivated, I just recently learned. I've tried before, but I get bored with easy projects like washcloths. Apparently, the trick was to make things beyond my skill level. :lol: It does help that I have some knitting experts in my AP group, so I can ask stupid questions like "uhhh, I made one leg.. now how the heck do I attach the yarn to make the other one?" ;)

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Kaia wrote: »
    Well, if it helps you get motivated, I just recently learned. I've tried before, but I get bored with easy projects like washcloths. Apparently, the trick was to make things beyond my skill level. :lol: It does help that I have some knitting experts in my AP group, so I can ask stupid questions like "uhhh, I made one leg.. now how the heck do I attach the yarn to make the other one?" ;)

You did motivate me Kaia. I called up a family friend and invited her over for tea and a knitting lesson on Thursday morning. She's my mom's age and a hip, hip lady. Wish me luck!

ETA: I'm thinking I might start out with a wool puddle pad for our bed. It should be square and easy, but it will serve a purpose still.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    That's a good idea! I might do that too to use as a liner in between crib sheets. I have some wool that I don't want to use for soakers (now that I've become a yarn snob :oops:), but it would serve this purpose just fine.

• CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    You did a great job on that soaker, Kaia.

PixieCurl, I wish I had an actual person to teach me when I started knitting! I learned to knit from this book http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-N-*****-Knitters-Handbook/dp/0761128182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232987368&sr=8-1 . I really liked it and it helped me to get over the "old lady" stigma that I'd attached to knitting.
    33abhqq.gif
    knittinghelp.com is really helpful too. That's where I go if I don't know or remember a certain stitch.

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Those are really cute. :love10:
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Cute! Nice job, Kaia! :) I can't knit worth a darn...I'm pretty hopeless with all things needle-y.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file