Senator Fran Drescher???

trueladytruelady Posts: 139Registered Users
I saw on CNN this morning that Fran Drescher (aka "The Nanny") wants Hilary Clinton's Senate seat. Does she have any political experience? This seems so out of the blue.

I have a feeling the Senate seat will go to Caroline Kennedy.

Comments

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    WOW just WOW!

I will forever think of The Nanny when I hear/see Fran's name.

As for political experience all I've found so far is
    "Fran Drescher, actress, women's health advocate and public diplomacy envoy for the US State Department, announced that she is throwing her hat into the ring of contenders for the senate seat being vacated by Secretary of State-designate Hillary Rodham Clinton,"
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • SleighSleigh Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    ya know...good for her. everyone should get a chance to run.
    2c hair. maybe a little porous? my hair likes suave, vo5 and the big tease. going to be trying more lush soon. not sure how i feel about dr bronners.

letting my hair be natural again after getting it straightened. yeah yeah, im a traitor :pirate:
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really want Caroline Kennedy in that seat...I think that she would make an excellent Senator!!!
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fran Drescher might make an excellent Senator, so I don't want to judge. However, I can't help but think of her in the Nanny, that annoying voice, that annoying laugh. My first reaction was "heck no!" But I don't know her personally or politically. Who knows?
    I have a feeling Caroline Kennedy will get it though. Kennedys have a lot of power/political connections.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    My first thought was that I would feel sorry for the rest of the Senate members if she ever filibustered. :happy2:

Maybe she would do a good job.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I really want Caroline Kennedy in that seat...I think that she would make an excellent Senator!!!
    ITA
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Except for Caroline Kennedy's family ties, she really has no more experience for the seat than Fran Drescher. I saw Fran on a talk show a while ago. She is very intelligent and possibly could do a very good job. The same for Caroline. Neither of these two is more qualified than the other in reality and either could emerge as very effective if given the chance.

Curious. . . does Caroline want the position? I understand Ted Kennedy is the one who threw her name in. Doesn't mean Caroline herself has any interest.
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file