Which is worse?

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
No nap = bedtime of 7PM + cranky baby+ less time w/Mommy + alone time for Mommy and Daddy

Nap of 60-90 minutes = bedtime of 9-10 PM + cranky Mommy - alone time for Mommy and Daddy

If he goes down early, he tends to wake at least once in the night. If he goes down late, he sleeps through. The hours of sleep are about equal (12-14 in 24 hours). Sometimes I need him to take that nap just so I can get a break. Other times, I know it's just a matter of pushing through to 7 PM. He's ambivalent on this whole nap thing. It was pretty regular (11-12:30) until he got sick recently. Now, it's a crapshoot of times and skipping completely. I feel like: :blackeye:
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I say, keep the nap if possible. He's too young to give up napping completely. Hopefully he'll get over his stubbornness and go back to having regular naps. My DS who was about 21 months old went through a period of resisting naps when we moved him out of his crib, but he finally got over it and went back to taking good naps. Thank goodness.
    ehLB.jpg
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's the thing, though. Even when his naps are regular, he is going to bed later than I can handle. I need to be in bed by 9:30 and DH works many nights, so it's rough. Maybe if we shorten the nap?
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    fuzzbucket wrote: »
    That's the thing, though. Even when his naps are regular, he is going to bed later than I can handle. I need to be in bed by 9:30 and DH works many nights, so it's rough. Maybe if we shorten the nap?

    Yes, shortening it is worth a try. Now that I think about it, we had a similar situation before Oliver was born, so Connor would have been around Harry's age. He was going to bed too late, so I started having him get up earlier from a nap. Even half an hour made a difference.
    ehLB.jpg
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sarah42 wrote: »
    so I started having him get up earlier from a nap. Even half an hour made a difference.

    Isaiah is staying up late as well. The thought of waking him up from a nap sends terror through my soul. He is mean as sin if awaken:confused2:
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    fuzzbucket wrote: »
    No nap = bedtime of 7PM + cranky baby+ less time w/Mommy + alone time for Mommy and Daddy

    Nap of 60-90 minutes = bedtime of 9-10 PM + cranky Mommy - alone time for Mommy and Daddy

    If he goes down early, he tends to wake at least once in the night. If he goes down late, he sleeps through. The hours of sleep are about equal (12-14 in 24 hours). Sometimes I need him to take that nap just so I can get a break. Other times, I know it's just a matter of pushing through to 7 PM. He's ambivalent on this whole nap thing. It was pretty regular (11-12:30) until he got sick recently. Now, it's a crapshoot of times and skipping completely. I feel like: :blackeye:


    I don't know, but I'd take either option...
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali


    .png


    534Pm5.png





  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    sarah42 wrote: »
    so I started having him get up earlier from a nap. Even half an hour made a difference.

    Isaiah is staying up late as well. The thought of waking him up from a nap sends terror through my soul. He is mean as sin if awaken:confused2:

    True, true! It helps to have a sippy cup of milk ready and possibly a cartoon on the TV to distract him.
    ehLB.jpg
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I say shorten the nap time. One gentler way to try to do this is to open up his door after an hour and put on some music or just go about your business and let the noises of the household in. It will probably wake him up once he reaches a lighter part of his sleep cycle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I would make sure he gets up earlier in the morning and probably shorten the nap time. We kept nap times until the kids were in school full time.
    Maudie


    CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

    Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

    Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    What works for us may not work for you, but this is DS's routine on most days.

    7:30 am - wake up.

    12:00-2:00/2:30 - nap

    8:00 pm - bedtime.

    I agree with a PP's suggestion of easing him awake by opening the door and letting the noises of the house wake him up.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

    78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    Isaiah is staying up late as well. The thought of waking him up from a nap sends terror through my soul. He is mean as sin if awaken:confused2:

    My daughter is like that, too. She does not take a regular nap, but if she does nap I will not wake her. At night I will do whatever I can not to wake her.

    To original post.... My kids don't nap, even the 11 month old doesn't nap too much. Because they don't nap, I need them to go to bed at 7:00. They don't sleep that great at night no matter when they go to bed. I need the earlier bed time so I can cope throughout the night with them. I have just tried to accept the fact that for now, I don't get a break.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file