CurlTalk

roller setting...help, please......

TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
ok, so I got gutsy the other day and asked this woman I saw how she did her hair! she had great curls, and looked similar, shape-wise, to mine - so I figured I'd ask! :) She told me she roller set her hair. I said "thanks. looks great" and got shy again - how the heck do you do that??? I see that there are hot curlers and just regular , velcro curlers - and those twisty tie curlers..... any suggestions on what to use for a newbie and how???? thanks SO much!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
for the love of the lens...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fanimafoto.smugmug.com%2F" class="Popup

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Comments

• T_Curly08T_Curly08 Posts: 31Registered Users
    I've been rollersetting my hair since I was a kid, and I learned pretty young. My mom showed me how. All I can say is that it takes practice. I've seen some ladies on here have some FOTKIS that show them wetsetting their curls. I hope some will post back to this and give you their links. Below is a link to a you tube tutorial I found the other day.
    Now, from personal experience I'll tell you this. I set my hair like the tutorial, when I want a straighter style with volume and I use little to no product except for maybe a little leave in to help with the heat.
    When I want a wetset that yields curls to wear curly, I do the rollers instead of horizontally, more like in a vertical way, same as if you were tryint to create a curl with your finger. With a lot of product. Then I scrunch out the crunch. Also, depending on how tight you want the curl, you could use a rodset. it's like the ones they use for perms. so that will give you a tighter curl look that is more like curly curly hair. In such a case I would also use more product and scrunch out the crunch. Rollers you can get a sally's or any beauty supply. THey are not expensive and last forever. I have mine for as long as I can remember.

Here's the link
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNA2_YLFo52Y" class="Popup
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    3C/3B (ish...) hair
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last Chemical Straightener: Sept 2007
    First Big Chop: May 2008
    Next cut: September 2008 (1 inch)
    Last Chop: January 2009
    YAY NO MORE RELAXED ENDS!!!!

Right now I'm all about henna/indigo! Just LOVE my new super dark hair!
    :wav:
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    wow! thanks for the info - I see there is a lot of work to it, but I guess I should start practicing! the links were really helpful too
    thanks again!
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fanimafoto.smugmug.com%2F" class="Popup

www.animafoto.wordpress.com