boys' pants

PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
My 5 year old comes home from school every day with a holes in his pants. EVERY. DAY. He comes home from his dad's house with holes in his jeans. EVERY. TIME.

I buy his school khakis with reinforced knees, but somehow he still manages to rip them up. Are there some magical pants that don't rip at the knee? My mom would patch my brothers' pants, but I don't see kids nowadays with patched pants. Do people still do that? Is seems like a waste to throw away pants he's only worn 5 times.

Help!
3c/4a

Comments

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    What about patching from the inside?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    The only reason my son's pants and jeans last through the school year is because he has to wear snow pants out to recess. There's snow on the ground pretty much October til March or April. Before the weather got cold he'd come home with dirt and grass stains and all I could do was wonder what in the world he was doing/playing at recess. :lol:
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Hanna Andersson makes boys' pants with reinforced knees.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My 8 year old son does that...usually the right knee, but sometimes both knees. I tell him he must have "sharp knees". In reality, what he does is kneel down on abrasive asphalt surfaces when he's playing, because he isn't capable of squatting. I don't know why...my husband can't squat either. What a thing to inherit. :roll:

I buy him re-inforced-knee pants, but even then I often patch his pants from the inside, often more than once. I use the iron-on patches. They don't look bad. When the weather gets warmer, I make all his holey pants into shorts.
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Sears has a program where if you rip or outgrow the pants they will give you another set for free (this also applies to shoes). I forget the name of it but they have pants with reinforced knees as well... I will double check with my MIL and post again with info.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    We tried the iron-on patch the other day. He ripped it. He said he thought it was a pocket.:roll: :)

Thanks, curlygirlyme! I'll have to look into that!
    3c/4a
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Po wrote: »
    We tried the iron-on patch the other day. He ripped it. He said he thought it was a pocket.:roll: :)

Thanks, curlygirlyme! I'll have to look into that!

:flower:

Did you patch on the inside or outside?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    On the outside. The hole was pretty large, so the patch would have shown anyway and there was no way to mend them. Now the hole is even bigger! They're in the garbage now.

Tomorrow, I'm going to patch all of his pants with small holes from the inside. All the rest can be play pants now.

I should have had a girl...

:female:
    3c/4a
    My 8 year old son does that...usually the right knee, but sometimes both knees.

Mine is a left-knee ripper. :)
    3c/4a
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    crap! Does this mean I'll have to learn to sew
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Po wrote: »

CRACKED me UP!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Trenell wrote: »
    crap! Does this mean I'll have to learn to sew

Oh heaven's no. You can use iron-on patches. Or just throw them out.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Although sewing is a very handy thing to know. I LOVE knowing how to sew.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file