CurlTalk

Coconut milk and lime relaxer business

Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
I'm intrigued. Please do tell what you know. Is it damaging? Would you recommend it for fine hair? Has anyone tried it and how were the results?

I just picked up a can of coconut milk in preparation...
3b/c/f/ii
Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fskram1113%2F" class="Popup
pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner

Comments

• mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    I tried it twice about 4 days apart. Certainly made my hair soft (protein I guess), but it did NOT relax my curl at all. Don't plan on using it again. Seemed to be a decent DT, but I love my Jessicurl DT better.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    ooh thats disappointing... I was hoping it'd be my hair miracle. I even picked up the coconut milk already!! I guess I'll try it anyway...
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:

Skram1113 wrote: »
    ooh thats disappointing... I was hoping it'd be my hair miracle. I even picked up the coconut milk already!! I guess I'll try it anyway...
    Absolutely! It may react entirely different on your hair than it did on mine. If nothing else, it is a pretty good conditioning treatment. Let us know how it goes.:hello2:
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

I tried it tonight, made virtually no difference. I'm not willing to give up quiet yet though, I'll be trying it again this week, probably with two limes instead of just one... Will update with pics/results (if any)
    3b/c/f/ii

Fotki:

• followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    how does this work? how much of each do you mix?
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
    Well I mixed one can of coconut milk with one lime

But it did nothing...

I'm thinking about trying it with two limes, since I'm assuming the more acidic content, the more potent the treatment.

I could be wrong, but we'll see

I'll post if anything works out
    3b/c/f/ii

Fotki:

I used one can of coconut milk and let the cream rise to the top before skimming it off and using it. I used the juice of 2 limes. Did nothing noticeable to my hair. Tried this 3 times over the course of a month.

The level of damage to the hair might make a difference. If you have a lot of damage then a shot of protein like this will probably show more of a difference than if your hair is not damaged. Probably won't do it again. It was messy for very little result for me.
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG