Little boys... please tell me this is normal!

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have a little masturbator on my hands! He's always been fascinated with his penis, but the last few weeks have been just ridiculous. As soon as the diaper comes off, his hand goes down there, and he just lays there smiling, laughing, and cooing to himself. Really, you should see the faces he makes. By the time I get him clean and start putting the new diaper on, he's gotten himself excited. I feel like I'm imposing on his private time or something. And as soon as I start putting it on, he screams bloody murder. I can barely give him a bath anymore because he won't stay seated in the tub. He stands using one hand to balance and the other to... you know. Please tell me this is normal. It's kind of funny on one hand, but on the other, I'm starting to worry I have a little perv in training. :lol:
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    It's normal. Sol actually made his penis all red and raw from playing with it so much. And one time he made it bleed because I had slacked off on cutting his nails. I haven't let that happen again!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ack! That's not good. I was wondering if maybe I should give him some naked time where he can't pee on anything important so he can get it out of his system, but maybe that's not such a good idea. Some of the things he does look very painful!

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Normal. They start abusing themselves pretty darn young. Your only hope is to talk to him about keeping it private as he gets older.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I think it's pretty normal. DD is the same way when her diaper comes off (hands go to the hoo ha). She also "humps" her stuffed dog. It's a bit alarming and has DH completely freaked out.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    I think it's pretty normal. DD is the same way when her diaper comes off (hands go to the hoo ha). She also "humps" her stuffed dog. It's a bit alarming and has DH completely freaked out.

:disgust:

:laughing9:

That's too cute!

Kaia:

Yeah, completely normal.
    3c/4a
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Yup, normal. My daughter went through a phase too but it was short. I think with boys that phase lasts a lifetime. :lol:
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    gemini wrote: »
    I think with boys that phase lasts a lifetime. :lol:

:lol:
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We have one too. Most recently, he came out of the bathroom, maintained eye contact with each of us, and yanked on it while giggling. We didn't know what to do. I am still traumatized. We had a talk shortly after about how he should do that in privacy but I am convinced he knew that and did it solely to freak me out.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :laughing3:
    how do you guys live w/ those things?

:laughing1:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    DarkAngel wrote: »
    We have one too. Most recently, he came out of the bathroom, maintained eye contact with each of us, and yanked on it while giggling. We didn't know what to do. I am still traumatized. We had a talk shortly after about how he should do that in privacy but I am convinced he knew that and did it solely to freak me out.

:laughing5::laughing5::laughing5:

i worked in childcare for 5 yrs so i can think of tons of kiddie masturbation stories, which is kind of yucky.
    the munchkin just discovered her hoo-ha a few months ago and i always tell her to play with it on her own time, not when mommy is trying to change her diaper. oddly enough, i think she understands me because she doesnt do it anymore when i changer her diaper, but during bathtime she'll shove a bath toy down there and start giggling.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Lord yes. Mine pulls his SO hard! My husband was like, "DUDE!- Don't hurt yourself- you are gonna need that later!" Haha. Like I think he is gonna pull it completely off sometimes!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Oh dear! DS hasn't gotten too entranced with his bits, but now y'all have me worried that he might. He's touched it a few times during baths and diaper changes, sort of like, "hmmm, what's down here?" I will be traumatized if he starts abusing himself.
    ehLB.jpg
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    This thread has me blushing and laughing at the same time. Especially Darkangel, Shellibean, and Subbrock.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sarah42 wrote: »
    Oh dear! DS hasn't gotten too entranced with his bits, but now y'all have me worried that he might. He's touched it a few times during baths and diaper changes, sort of like, "hmmm, what's down here?" I will be traumatized if he starts abusing himself.

This is Liam as well.. He knows its there and plays with it in the bath but that's about it!! But yes it is totally normal!!

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    I guess I'm just gonna have to get over it then. I'm definitely feeling a bit traumatized. The worst is when I have to tuck his excited bits back down so I can fasten the diaper, and I'm trying to touch it as little as possible because I'm scared it'll get him more excited. :sad2: I feel like saying "I'm your mother kid, I do NOT need to see this!"

Kaia wrote: »
    I guess I'm just gonna have to get over it then. I'm definitely feeling a bit traumatized. The worst is when I have to tuck his excited bits back down so I can fasten the diaper, and I'm trying to touch it as little as possible because I'm scared it'll get him more excited. :sad2: I feel like saying "I'm your mother kid, I do NOT need to see this!"

You're going to have 2 boys, right? I guarantee you will get over it. Moms of boys know: it's all about the penis.

Just tuck it down and close the diaper and try not to dwell on it or read too much into it. It's just an erection. All it means is that it works, not that you as his mom are exciting him or anything. Ask any man, and he'll tell you that when he was a kid, the thing had a mind of it's own.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Connor definitely gets erections sometimes, especially first thing in the morning when I'm changing his diaper. We call it a baby boner. :oops: I try to ignore it and tuck it down gently.
    ehLB.jpg
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    :shock:

This thread makes me glad I have a girl. Nothing I have to tuck back into her diaper one day.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    Just tuck it down and close the diaper and try not to dwell on it or read too much into it. It's just an erection. All it means is that it works, not that you as his mom are exciting him or anything. Ask any man, and he'll tell you that when he was a kid, the thing had a mind of it's own.

In my head, I know you are right, but it's still kind of weird right now. Especially when he leans on me for balance so he can play with himself. :shock: I can accept that he's going to do what he's going to do, but I don't want to be a part it, thankyouverymuch!

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte

You're going to have 2 boys, right? I guarantee you will get over it. Moms of boys know: it's all about the penis.

:laughing8:

I'm still holding out for that girl! ;-)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Me too actually. I couldn't get used to the idea of it being a boy, so I decided I don't believe them. Baby's name is Baby Ellie and will stay that way unless the mid-Jan ultrasound confirms boy. Although I may still refuse to believe them even then.

• noelaninoelani Posts: 665Registered Users

Me too actually. I couldn't get used to the idea of it being a boy, so I decided I don't believe them. Baby's name is Baby Ellie and will stay that way unless the mid-Jan ultrasound confirms boy. Although I may still refuse to believe them even then.

When my cousin was pregnant, when she went for her ultrasounds she was told she was having a boy. She was told this at more than one of her ultrasounds. She had a girl. Her beautiful baby girl was dressed in boy clothes for a good while though.
    "When you are not afraid to fall, that's when you fly the highest"

"You shouldnt let random people who dont love you , arent there to help you with a flat tire, or there to fix you soup when your tummy hurts dictate your choices in life."
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    This thread is cracking me up...

Danae will play with herself sometimes, but now that she's a little older, we've had the privacy talk, so she rarely does it in front of me anymore. Usually the only time I see it is if we nap together. I think it helps her fall asleep...LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My little girl discovered herself for the first time this morning, and the first thing I thought of was this thread. :lol:
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh my gosh, this thread is so funny!

My 2 year old likes to play with his too, but doesn't get mad when I change his diaper or put on his clothes. He does like to scream "wee-wee" pretty loudly if were out somewhere and I change his diaper.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • rnconniesfrnconniesf Posts: 256Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Normal, normal, normal. All kids play "down there" no matter what sex. It's kind of equal to when the discover they have hands and feet, just a new body part to explore. Don't get upset over it. I always tell my nursing students that "boys are born holding on and never let it go" using how many men sleep "holding on" as an example that all humans are sexual beings no matter the age. This usually comes up when we are discussing sex in the senior population (which by the way, is even harder to talk about than sexual exploration in a toddler). Don't sweat it.
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    rnconniesf wrote: »
    Normal, normal, normal. All kids play "down there" no matter what sex. It's kind of equal to when the discover they have hands and feet, just a new body part to explore.

Except he doesn't giggle anymore when he touches his hands and feet. It's pretty funny now that I'm more used to it, but I still shake my head. My husband is thrilled, I think he's very proud that it works. :lol:

My husband is thrilled, I think he's very proud that it works. :lol:

That just proves my theory ...at any age, IT'S.ALL.ABOUT.THE.PENIS.
    My husband is thrilled, I think he's very proud that it works. :lol:

That just proves my theory ...at any age, IT'S.ALL.ABOUT.THE.PENIS.

To add more fuel to the fire, he also brings up the penis whenever we talk about the ultrasound of the current pregnancy. Apparently he thinks it's bigger than average. I dunno, looked normal to me. :roll:

• coutmancoutman Posts: 31Registered Users
    I had to respond to this thread. I am a mother of 3 boys, 4 if you include the husband ( who is the worst one). I have a 15 mon, 7 yr old, and a twelve yr old. So I have the spectrum covered. Between the 15 mon & the 12, there is alot of yacking going on. The baby likes to grab his during diaper changing. I give him his time, but when I am ready to close the diaper, I say, "tell pee pee to go to sleep or night night." he does and no fuss.. I have done this with all of my boys, including husband. Works on all but the husband. Don't make a big deal about it or it will become a big.
    My husband is very serious about my 12 yr old. Will not even talk about it with him or me. His mother messed him up. But I just told my oldest to do his thing in private. So he takes alot of 10-15 min 'naps'. I just want my middle son to come into his own on his own. Little boys are gross, but I did not want more hormones in the house then mine.
    But also think of it as a toy you did not have to buy, and will last a lifetime, if they don't break it.
    I am a 4a/3c/4b.Either condish wash with Jessicurl Aloeba or Jessicurl Hair Cleanser. Condish with Jessicurl Too Shea! Shake and add Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets or Curve Curly Pudding or Meringue or FOTE Aloe Vera Gel with Vitamin E.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file