Best gels for softness and hold?

peacepleasepeaceplease Posts: 54Registered Users
Any recs on the best types of gels to use for softness and hold? Not having much luck with mousse or the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] do to forehead break outs etc.:sad1:
2b/2c--moderate porosity--normal elasticity,very coarse though, prone to puffy hair and frizz if not careful, colored and highlights. HATES: Glycerin, Wheat proteins .
Wash: L'oreal Ever Pure , Herbal Essence (Mod.CGer), VO5 condish

Condish: Matrix Conditioning Balm, Elucence, Terax Crema, Clairol ColorSeal
Leave In: KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, Paul Mitchell Styling Foam, HESMU
HOLY GRAILS: Alterna Straightening Balm, PM Sculpting Foam, AC vinegar :toothy10:

Comments

• mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel gives me decent hold while not making my hair too crunchy (or, rather, once you scrunch out the crunch when it's dry, it's quite soft). You can get pretty cheap little samples, I think, but even the big containers are only like 4 or 5 dollars so it is worth a try.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    HESMU.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • danna harrisdanna harris Posts: 55Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My favorite gel is "defining gel" from Aquage. Before that I was using potion nine or curls rock. P9 was too light, CR was too crunchy.

I discovered CG and I'm samplling right now. I still love the Aveda Be Curly with Aquage. I don't think it fits the CG standard, but It works well.

I'm looking for new gels, like the one in all.

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Deva arc angell[/buylink] was pretty light, I expected more hold.

=
    rudeechick wrote: »
    HESMU.
    Hair: 3a mostly
    mod CG Fall 2008

co/wash - Suave Naturals or VO5, Naked Naturals shampoo from CVS - can't find anymore, replacing with JCHCC

Condition: Aubrey Organics HR, Moisture Maniac, Love Jessicurl deep treatment and her stuff!

Leave in's: Aveda Be Curly, Jessicul RR and CC, quarter and nickel amounts, AG liquid effects, KCCC (forever to dry), leaving behind the Aquage defining gel

Want to try some of Sally's generics
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had good luck with Garnier Fructis curl shaping spray gel.i've only been looking at this forum for a little while, I guess I'm a 2C. I spray it on wet, washed and conditioned hair, and my hair dries in somewhat organized not quite spiral strands. At least its not frizzy looking.
  • rhosyn_durhosyn_du Posts: 99Registered Users
    I haven't had a lot of luck with gels, but I'm currently using KY followed by Biotera Curl Creme, which is giving me lots of softness and definition. The combo doesn't give me a very firm hold, but that's a trade-off I'm willing to make for a complete lack of stiffness and crunch.
    2c, fine/medium with a few coarse grays, medium porosity, normal elasticity, protein-sensitive

Modified CG
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Shampoo
    RO: L'Oreal EverCurl Conditioner
    LOC: KCKT,
    Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil, & Nightblooming Panacea or Freya Hair Salve
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Any recs on the best types of gels to use for softness and hold? Not having much luck with mousse or the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] do to forehead break outs etc.:sad1:
    I haven't used this myself but a lot of gals like Loreal Melting Gel.

Deva ArcAngel might work for you if you want a soft hold it dries crunchy but it scrunches out very easily.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file