Robert Craig HELP!

AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Registered Users Posts: 519 Curl Novice
I did the strand test with RC #16 light ash blond. When I mixed the product it was funky green, and I left it on for 35 minutes. All it did was add a light green tint to the strand! Should I leave it on longer?:sad2:
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Ack! :eek: I guess it wouldn't hurt to try another strand test, longer....but I would email Karin and tell her what happened. It sounds like your hair grabs too much ash (green) and you may need a neutral color instead. But she will know more about that.

When I first did my highlights, I bleached my hair and used Light Auburn to tone. Thank goodness I did a strand test or I would have had fuschia highlights! They really grabbed a funky pink tone. I had to use a different color instead. We never really figured out why it did that, I was a first! :lol:

Please LMK what Karin says. You could also call Robert Craig at the toll-free number on the site. Good luck! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Registered Users Posts: 519 Curl Novice
    Hi CL,
    Karin said that it pulled the green because my hair must be very porous. She said I could try adding a darker color to it but be careful because I could end up a funky color. I'm not sure I'm willing to risk it. I hate to waste this stuff - I bought two boxes of the color to make the shipping cost more efficient. The mixture was green, but finally turned dark after sitting there for a couple of hours. I'm thinking of doing another strand test using the darkened mixture and see if anything is different, or is that a bad idea?
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Hmm.... Karin didn't suggest using something to fill the hair, like Clear, or going with a neutral shade? Maybe it could be mixed with a neutral shade. I would call RC at the number and ask to speak with him. He may have more ideas for you.

I wouldn't want to waste the color either. There may be a way to use it. :)

As far as using the darkened mixture, it may not work. I believe the color stops working after 1 hr. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try a strand and see. :) Be sure to shake the little vial of dry powder, then let it settle again (dust) before using. Maybe it wasn't mixed well. :?:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file