I'm still not over being called...

TwoMoonsTwoMoons Registered Users Posts: 754
Maddy the slave by my aunt. The more I think about it the more I want to laugh or kill someone... preferably that miserable cow! I mean my hair is longer and thicker than hers for bob's sake! I feel better thought because my little brother over-heard her giving me a hard time and called her ugly.The look on her face was priceless, I wish I had a camera. My brother earned major points with me but we had a swift talking to from my mom. Got to love thanksgiving:toothy10:!
:coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!

Comments

• Sunyata B. Sunyata B. Registered Users Posts: 105
    What a hater. I don't understand why people don't think about how their words will affect someone else. I don't know how "little" your little brother is, but I love how little kids speak the truth! It's too funny, even when they put me on blast lol. I guess one could say that that was disrespectful, but whatever with that.
  • TashaTashaTashaTasha Registered Users Posts: 383
    OMG that is just rudeness to the nth degree! She totally deserved that comment from your little bro.

sidebar - Sunyata your hair looks exactly like mine. Do you have a fotki or more pics?
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Registered Users Posts: 793 Curl Neophyte
    At least I know I'm not the only person who's hair was a topic of discussion over the holiday dinner. As soon as I walked into the door my aunt says "What the hell happened to your hair?" She doesn't say hello she just says that with this look of disgust like she's going to vomit. I simply told her I washed it, which was true. But people like her are the reason why I often want to pull out that flat iron. I am trying to be strong but it's hard.
    I wish my brother was there to save me too. But I'm happy yours was there to say something
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • krazykkrazyk Registered Users Posts: 243
    haha Thanksgiving - Dysfunctional Families at their finest.
    :icescream:Confusion in the front/4a in the back and around the sides
    Transitioning Natural since March 2005
    Complete natural (Last of permed hair trimmed out) May 2008 (1 1/2 inches left)

Regimen:
    Co-Wash: (Anything on hand atm)
    Leave ins: Aussie Moist
    Shampoo: Aussie Moist (only if I end up using gel or something out of the ordinary)
    Keeping it krazy simple:toothy7:

My hair history:http://photobucket.com/kris_journeyofhair
    Pw: krazyk
  • zanii0506zanii0506 Registered Users Posts: 176
    all i can say is wow! how disrespectful...and i'm glad your little brother chimed in. it amazes me how people ALWAYS have something to say..and rarely is it anything nice. futhermore, that comment was insulting on a racial level but i'm not gonna get in to that.

keep you head up and say "bye hater!" :)
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    What the hell? Are you kidding me? What kind of ignorant ish is that?!!!

All I can say is I'm sorry. I would be angry too. I've heard it all. Even from my grandfather who is blacker than black. I put up a shield when it comes to my hair. I always tell my kids that you have to know who you are (might children of God) in order to let these comments slide off your back.

I wish I was there to do this to her :boxing:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• mojitochicamojitochica Registered Users Posts: 136
    :eek: @ Maddy the slave. This :boxing: would have been on, but :toothy10: @your brother!!
    event.png
    My fotki
    Hair type: normal, thick, highly porous, low elasticity
    Current products: castor oil and water
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Registered Users Posts: 297
    It sucks that she tried to make you feel inadequate. It bugs me when people feel they just have to comment on your hair but then don’t say anything positive. When my sis first rocked her twist-outs my aunt used to greet her by saying “my sista” and by raising one fist in the air simultaneously. Not sure what that was about, we just gave our fake smiles and kept it moving. Wasn’t much else we could have done (no brother in our family).

Btw, now when people make offensive comments (or do hurtful things), I try and thank them for that experience. I learned it from “The Secret”. Try it, it’s so liberating.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa
  • curlygirlbeautifulcurlygirlbeautiful Registered Users Posts: 320
    im sorry she said that to u

i bet she doesnt have a healthy head of hair

keep contact with people like that to a minimum

her mind has not evolved and i dont know how old she is, but if she is over 40, she surely has painful memories and damaged self esteem assoc with natural hair. didnt mean to get deep, but its that serious
    The 411:
    Detangle: HE Hydralicious,Inecto Coconut Oil Condis,Yes to Carrots,HE Hello Hydration
    Poo:100% African Black Soap
    DT: molasses, AO HSR, EVOO, coco milk, LustraSilk Shea Butter, castor oil,shea
    Leave-In: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier, Qhemet Detangling Ghee,Shea,AO HSR
    Homemade Hair Cream

Please visit my blog: www.kinkycurlymagazine.blogspot.com
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Registered Users Posts: 754
    im sorry she said that to u

i bet she doesnt have a healthy head of hair

keep contact with people like that to a minimum

her mind has not evolved and i dont know how old she is, but if she is over 40, she surely has painful memories and damaged self esteem assoc with natural hair. didnt mean to get deep, but its that serious

Wow! You're right on, on all accounts! Even the over 40 part.
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    She sounds like the slave to me. And incredibly rude.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file