How to tie the perfect bow?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, Koukla!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I used to be a cheerleader and I got very good at tying a bow (for hair ribbons). The first step I did just like the first step in tying a shoe, to secure the ribbon around the elastic (or on whatever you're tying). Then, I would make the two loops and pretty much do what Martha's link shows - but, for me, it was important to do the same side on top for both steps. So, if I did left over right for step 1, I'd do left over right for step 2, which would kind of cause the whole bow to flip over as you tighten. It doesn't make sense in writing, but try it. Also, I'm always very careful to keep the loops small as I tighten, because you can always make them bigger after the fact but it's hard if they're much bigger than the tails to get the proportions right.

Who knew it was such a science? :lol:
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Martha's directions turned out nice! I'll try yours too, pixie!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file