CurlTalk

Hair glaze or glossers

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
Has anyone used them for adding shine? I'd like to do one of these treatments to see if it can really get curls to reflect a lot of light.. I know they often work well with dark hair, so I wonder how well they work on dark curly hair.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Posts: 347Registered Users
    I think they work best when you smooth them into your hair, not just apply and finger comb like hair gel.

With hair glossers I divide my hair into four sections. After I finish applying my regular styling product...I go back to the four sections, take a dime size drop of glosser, rub my hands together, and clasp them over one section of hair and smooth it on.

My hair is really shiny afterwards.
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • dxwashdxwash Posts: 245Registered Users
    I have used them before. I just go to the BSS and get a clear gloss or jazzing. I think it makes my hair shinier. I don't use it regularly but on an as needed basis. I also color my hair so it helps keep my lighter hair shinier. Try it. It has never hurt my hair. Its only like $4 or $5 per bottle.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    I think they work best when you smooth them into your hair, not just apply and finger comb like hair gel.

With hair glossers I divide my hair into four sections. After I finish applying my regular styling product...I go back to the four sections, take a dime size drop of glosser, rub my hands together, and clasp them over one section of hair and smooth it on.

My hair is really shiny afterwards.

Oh no.. I guess I didn't describe it right. I'm talking about a salon treatment that can be done, almost like hair color treatment, but instead of color you deposit a shining glaze.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    dxwash wrote: »
    I have used them before. I just go to the BSS and get a clear gloss or jazzing. I think it makes my hair shinier. I don't use it regularly but on an as needed basis. I also color my hair so it helps keep my lighter hair shinier. Try it. It has never hurt my hair. Its only like $4 or $5 per bottle.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.. so you've had good results? That's good to hear. I want to try this out because now that I don't do color or henna anymore, my hair is much darker. But if it's gonna be dark I want it to at least have some more shine if not a lighter color..

Thanks for the response! I'm glad it worked for you.. :toothy10:
    On Sunday I'm getting my glaze done, and when it's all said and done I'll post a pic. :hello2:
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Is the glaze CG?
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
    Is the glaze CG?

I doubt it..

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.haircareusa.com%2Fclairol_jazzing_haircolor.htm" class="Popup

Edit:

Btw, I don't know if it's the glaze or the GVP Tea Tree Oil Conditioner, but my hair feels smooth. It's not as shiny as I was hoping for, but the hair shafts are more slippery than they were before, even in the back where it's normally super dry.